Friday 11 April 2014

Block a week Friday






The pattern is made up of four rows but what I like about it is there is only one pattern row in the four, the other three are plain knit and purl rows.  Having said that I still managed to make mistakes, can you spot them?  I really couldn't be bothered to pull it out and start again.  I do like this one, I think it's a very pretty pattern and would look lovely used to make a sweater.


Rating - intermediate
Curl - 2 (side curl) 1 after blocking
size - 6" x 6"
ends - 14

Another example of this block


By Full time mum


Progress -  number of different blocks made = 17
Numbers - 1417, 24, 30,31,344041, 42, 45, 525667  98113,153, 209
(Click on the number to see the block.)

Number of blocks altogether = 20



Linking with


Have a great weekend!






9 comments:

  1. I can´t really see the mistake, Linda. It looks great. This stitch pattern has great texture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! It almost looks like crochet, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This IS a very pretty pattern Linda! Like little shells :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to look really hard to see the mistake. The pretty colours disguise it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is aptly named and the colour you chose is perfect for waves in the sea. I can't spot the mistakes, I think they must be very minor ones. Nice work Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue waves of the ocean, perfect.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this stitch would make a gorgeous sweater. Nice color combinations.

    Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely block, Linda! ♥ I could also imagine this pattern for a scarf... not reversible, but pretty :-). Could you please tell me the pattern row, or where to find it? Thanks!! Sunny greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx