Friday 1 August 2014

Block a Week Friday


Block 19 
Little knots


I know that the mistakes in this one are obvious they scream out look at me! and if I was good I would rip it out and make it again, but to be honest I don't want to make this block again, I really don't see the point of it, who would want to make a block that looks like this when it's finished


It needs blocking of course but even after you have blocked it it still looks cock-eyed. I'm hoping the crookedness of it will disappear when it's sewn into a blanket but I won't be making another.

Rating - intermediate
Curl - 2
size - 6"x 6"
ends - 2

Of course not everyone has made a mess of it like I have as you can see by these perfect examples from...

Appledumpling
Sheri

Patti

Progress -  number of different blocks made = 31
Numbers - 81417, 19,24, 26 30,31,34,36 4041, 42,43,44, 45,48, 5256,58,6267,70,96 98,100113,133,153200209
(Click on the number to see the block.)

Linking with



All the blocks in the Block a Week Friday feature are blocks made from the book 200 Knitted Blocks by Jan Eaton. You can read all about the challenge here and here, the challenge is on going and it's never too late to join in!


How is your Summer stash-busting going? the summer link party has been extended until the end of August!  Don't forget to link up your stashbusting projects, those of you who are counting please leave me your totals in the comment section here

Have a great weekend :)








 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

5 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your honesty about this block. It would take me a thousand years to master it, of course. Kudos to you for sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry you're disappointed with this block Linda - it reminds me of patterns I've followed when my children were young …. and I wouldn't want to try again either. Have a sweet and happy weekend, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!!
    Have a lovely weekend,hug.:*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't try it again either. Some things are just not worth persuing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! I hope that next weeks block is more enjoyable to make and to look at! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx