Friday 22 May 2015

Five On Friday

Giving Thanks.

I'm easing back very gently into blogging after my Surgery so here are five very short snippets.

I am now one week post Surgery and feeling stronger each day, the operation went well and was really nothing to worry about.  As always the waiting and the apprehension is the worst bit, once the day arrives you really just want to get it over and done with.  I hated the waiting around from 7 30 am until 1 15 pm watching each person going before me and being the last to go into surgery, when it was my turn I nearly jumped onto that operation table I so badly wanted it to be over.  

I woke up one and a half hours later feeling sore and nauseated, but they have you up and out of there in a few very short hours. The first three days are the worst but for anyone who has to undergo Keyhole Gallbladder surgery please don't worry you will be fine
My first thank you goes to the Anaesthetist and the Surgeon, they were brilliant and put me at my ease, were very patient and answered all my questions.

The Second thank you goes  to my lovely daughter who did such a great job of looking after me on those first few days and to my work colleagues who have been so lovely sending me supportive texts and visiting me, they sent this lovely bouquet isn't it beautiful.





The third thank you goes to Christine Winwick Mum and the sockalong participants, making socks has kept me focused and given me something to strive for, I never thought that I would manage to make a  pair of socks for me but thanks to the help and encouragement from this lovely group I have made a pretty decent pair, and they fit!  More details to come in another post with pictures. 





A huge thanks to Linda from Chalky's World, she has to be one of the sweetest and most generous of people. Linda is making Twiddle mats at the moment and sent me one to take to work to get feedback from the Mental Health Nurses there.  Along with with the twiddle mat (you can see an example here)  Linda sent me this lovely get well card 


 and 

I'm going to use this yarn for my next pair of socks THANK YOU Linda xx

Thank you to Maisie for this beautiful get well card



Hand painted by one of her relatives, I have mentioned Maisie before on my blog, she is a sweet elderly lady  ( Happy Birthday Maisie it's her birthday today) who attends the Day Unit, she still makes things to add to my charity box and recently asked me to give a talk about the the things I make and the Charities Loving Hands Support in her local Community Center.  I agreed to do this, the date was set and lots of people were looking forward to it, there was going to be a tombola and tasty nibbles BUT the date coincided with my surgery and had to be cancelled, so I'm so sorry for letting her down but will set a new date as soon as I can.

And sorry Amy but I have to squeeze in a number six just to thank everyone who has left me good wishes and a huge thanks to those who have been emailing me regularly to ask about my progress and and have kept me entertained with their chatty messages.  We have never met but I feel like you are all true friends and I appreciate your kind thoughtfulness. :) xxx 

Have a great weekend! :)


Linking with Amy for her











 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

22 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are feeling so well after it all!!! That is so great!!!! It is lovely to hear from you. I hope that the rest of the year will be totally trouble free for you now! And many years to come of course. What lovely cards and gifts and flowers from your friends, they are because you are such a lovely and kind and caring lady!!!! Thank you so much for joining in - as always! - and six, hey, you had a lot of great things to share!! I hope that you have a great weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it all went well and you are feeling a little better. Take your time to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, It is so nice to hear that everything went well and you are feeling better :) The cards and the bouquet are beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pleased your feeling stronger, lovely to hear the socks are keeping you occupied cant wait to see them when you have finished - lovely flowers and cards xx take care and keep up the recovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Linda, i'm so happy your surgery went well and that you are feeling better. Get well and welcome back.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you feel much better !
    Have a relax weekend !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are up and about again. Any post-operative aches can be cured by going yarn shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon. Such lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are on the road to recovery. Surgery is never fun, but receiving cards and flowers is! Get started on those knit socks and keep off your feet. It's always nice for a woman to have an excuse to stay seated and have someone else take care of her! Happy weekend!
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that your surgery was a success. Hope your back to 100% real soon.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad all is going well. Glad you have enjoyed the sockalong, so have I although have not completed them yet, hoping to do so by sundae night. wishing you a continued speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah such good news that you are on the road to recovery. It's lovely to hear that you are surrounded by live and support, the flowers are gorgeous! Have a lovely weekend and take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to hear that you're on the mend and I'm so glad that you're pleased with your socks! It's great to have you joining in with the Sockalong - and your new socks are going to be very pretty in that new yarn you have! xx

    ReplyDelete

  14. I'm glad you feel better, take care!
    Have a nice weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope you are feeling better and coming along well on your recovery. The flowers are beautiful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to hear everything went well and you are recovering from the operation. You obviously have a lot of lovely people caring for you and thinking of you. I'm sure the comfort of their support will have helped with your recovery. Very best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, I have been wondering how you have been holding up, so glad to hear you are getting stronger everyday. Sending you a big get well hug,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wishes for continued healing Linda. The flowers are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohoo, there she is!! Welcome back in blogland, dear, glad you're feeling better. Take it slow! Hugs & happy weekend, Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good to see you back Linda great to hear you are recovering and being looked after!
    Take it easy...if you can!!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Linda, glad to hear the surgery is done and you are recovering well. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am really late making the rounds for Five on Friday and I apologize. I've been out of the loop for quite a few months and am just getting back to blogging again. First, I love your blog, it feels like home! I am very glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are on the mend! I had outpatient surgery years ago and it all went well, I even had an all female surgical team! I also wanted to say thanks for the link for the sockalong! I have always wanted to learn to learn to make socks and you have enabled me to finally give it a try!
    Hugs,
    Beth P
    #17 Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx