Tuesday 22 December 2015

Never Again!!

So the Moogly Blanket is done all sewn up and bordered but that will have to come later just in case a certain person decides to pay me a visit and sees it on here, but I can show you the socks I know they don't look very exciting but believe you me I literally did a little dance when I finished them yesterday.



I know that I am still very much a sock novice but I have to say I usually enjoy the sock making process that is until I made these. They have taken me nearly two weeks! The colour did not inspire me but these are man socks and the man in question likes dark colours namely black there was no way I was going to make black socks so he's getting these and he had better appreciate them after all the hard work that has gone into them.  



I have dropped loops countless times and had to sit right under the daylight lamp to find those loops and painstakingly coax them back up the ladder and onto the needle using a fine steel crochet hook. They nearly had me in tears I can to tell you AND these socks are so big my goodness no wonder it took me so long and while I'm moaning I didn't like the yarn either, it was super fine in places and quite thick in others, it has a mohair like fibre and when the yarn twists which it did quite a lot, those long fibres decided to stick to one another and had to be gently prised apart.

So my dears I can say quite emphatically I won't be using this yarn again and it will be a long time if ever before I make man socks again so there! 

I used Rico superba poems in shade granite.

I did enjoy making these little Christmas puddings with a ferrero rocher chocolate hidden inside I think they are so cute! I have made lots to give to friends and of course I had to keep some for me too.



The cute little Christmas pudding pattern is one of Marianas and you can find it here.



So I have still to finish a beanie hat and that will conclude my Christmas  makes, that will give me a whole week to make a pair of ladies socks for a friends birthday but the good news is she has tiny feet and the yarn is yummy.

The presents are bought and nearly all wrapped.
The house is still a mess!
My tree is up but it's just a small one this year and it looks cute.
The house is still a mess!
Most of the shopping is done, just a few veggies to buy
but...the house is still a mess! (I don't care anymore)

I hope you are all ready and full of festive cheer and have the best Christmas ever!

lots of love




 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

15 comments:

  1. The socks are a triumph, but the puddings look like more fun to make! They are very cute - the puds! I am sure that the sock recipient will love them, they really do look fab, but I agree, they look like very hard work! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy Christmas, Linda. You have done well to finish your knitting just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a better woman than me! I would have paddied and refused to finish the man socks! My downstairs is tidy, just don't open any cupboards upstairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the socks, I should knit some in that color for my boyfriend. I know what you mean about the color but you are right we have to think of what the person who we are making them for likes. I love the Christmas puddings! :)
    Merry Christmas!
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a brave woman Linda but you did well finishing the socks. Dropped stitches drive me crazy.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas...I've been using my hols so far to finish off things that have been left over the year ! Might start something new soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great socks !!! Never say never...
    My house is a mess too but with family around it's normal...
    Hug !
    Wish you a Merry Christmas !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, your socks and cakes are beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Evening Linda, Oooh those socks sound like they were a devil to make, but I feel sure they will be loved by the man who receives them.
    I love the little Christmas puddings, they are a cute idea and the blanket you finished is fabulous.... I love the mix of colours.
    Never mind the mess.... whenever our daughters spend Christmas with us, the house is strewn with newspapers everywhere, cups and plates dotted around.... but I don't mind, I would rather have the mess and have them at home than a clean and tidy house any day of the week.
    Have a lovely Christmas Linda, and I'll catch up with you after the new year.
    Best Wishes as always.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those socks are very manly and they had better be appreciated after all your hard work. I love the little puddings, so sweet!
    Hugs and Merry Christmas,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Happy New Year!
    Beautiful socks, so cute little cakes <3!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made pretty socks. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The puddings with chocolates are very cute and a sweet idea for gift :) Nice socks !! Merry Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you have a lovely relaxing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very happy and peaceful Christmas to you and your family Linda! Have a wonderful day!

    Merry Christmas
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx