Friday 12 January 2018

Something For The Weekend.

I always find it's a good idea to make a few small things in between a bigger project, once the excitement of starting a new project wears off I soon get bored with it and sometimes find it a chore to actually finish it. That's where the making of small projects is such a big hit for me, I put my larger project to one side at the weekend and make something small and easy, I get quite excited at the thought of starting this teeny project knowing I'll have a finish quite soon. It could be anything that catches my eye during the week or something that I've had on my to do list for a while. 

Hats feature quite strongly on my teeny project list because they are quick to make and are always useful. A couple of weeks ago Marianna from Lazy Daisy Days had a mystery knit and I joined in, such fun to knit something and not know what it is you are knitting of course you do guess as you go along but you don't know what it's going to turn out like until it's completely done. It was this cute little hat...



Marianna has since named this the Marty hat and has also added a cute little mitten pattern too.  So that's what I'll be making this weekend another of these little hats with a matching pair of mittens.
You can find the pattern for both here

I also fancy making this stir fry I think it sounds yummy.

What will you be up to this weekend? whatever it is I hope that it's a good one.😊

9 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you enjoyed the mystery knit Linda! And you made a very cute little hat :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Linda, bright and cheerful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lil hat,great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hat, Linda! It is always nice to make small projects in between.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute indeed !
    Have a cozy weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea Linda, and who doesn't love a knitted project being started and finished in just a couple of days! I too knit a hat this weekend and actually (please don't faint!) blogged about it ;) Enjoy your week!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is a cute little hat. Is that broken rib or mistake rib? I like the texture.

    All my projects are comparatively little ones, but they tend to take longer because I design everything I make, and I'm not very quick at it. But it's so satisfying when something finally comes together.

    Have a good week Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx