Thursday 18 May 2017

Tarting Up The Sideboard.

Hello all you lovely people, I can't believe it's two weeks since I last posted! lots of busy and quite stressful things going on here at the moment and not a second to spare but I always try to make time to crochet every single day it's such a great stress buster don't you think? it's usually not until the evening I can sit with my my favourite hook and just crochet away and let all the stresses of the day melt away while creating something lovely. This time it's doilies.....


crochet squares, doily free pattern

I needed something for the top of my sideboard, it has just been repaired after the workman had damaged it when doing the work in my house after the burst pipe.  There was a huge scratch almost from one end to the other, I complained and they took it away and made it look like new again even though they had it for almost two months! I think they had forgotten about it. Anyways I was pleased with the result and decide it deserved not one but three new doilies to sit atop...



I really enjoyed making these thank you Pradeepa from the Lazy Hobbyhopper for the lovely free pattern 

crochet doilies free pattern


 The first doily is made up of 24 squares, I've had these pretty squares  pinned on my pinterest  for ages and was just waiting for the right project to try them, they were perfect for this you can find the free pattern here


I used King Cole Dk smooth which I have had in my stash for ages, this is an acrylic yarn but looks like cotton, it splits easily but not so much that it's impossible to use.  I love the colour choices and the lovely sheen it gives to finished projects.  I chose colours to match the flowers and owls that I had previously made for the metal art,  Raspberry, Olive, Rose and Damson.


owls,crochet,flowers, metal art


The flower pattern was taken from the book 100 Hundred Flowers to Knit and Crochet by Lesley Stanfield. 

You can find the pattern for Odele and Oyah the owls here

Have a great weekend 😊






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

14 comments:

  1. Love your colorful doilies, Linda!! And the wall art is superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful doilies Linda. I love the colors.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks lovely Linda. The wall decoration is really nicely decorated. I'm glad all was sorted with the sideboard in the end. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doilies are very beautiful. Love your wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is one fantastic sideboard now! Cheerful but not over the top. Great!
    Have a nice day, Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! The sideboard looks great! Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doilies are so beautiful and I love, love, love your metal art!!!!
    If you are crocheting, it gives so much peace in your mind.
    With all the hustle and bustle of every day you have to required.
    Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are lovely colours. I really like the flowers and owls on the metal art. I'll be checking out the pattern for them. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame your sideboard was damaged. It looks like a valuable antique. I would have complained as well. At least they did the decent thing and repaired it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you decorated, the colors are pretty and those flowers are delightful
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great sitting together on your cabinet and I love the flowers on your metal wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your crochet work is just beautiful Linda!
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Linda! Your sideboard look terrific! Beautiful color combination that gives a look very cheerful and vibrant to the whole. I am especially in love with metal art on the wall. Have a great weekend, dear! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these pretty makes, Linda, the colors are perfect.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx