Sunday 8 November 2015

Sometimes you just don't have the time and an easy peasy scarf pattern.


A Pattern for those  for those who want to make a super quick scarf, it took me 2 hours.




Age 3 to 5 years
Length approximately 4ft 2 inches
Aran or worsted weight yarn 100 grams but much less if you aren't adding pom poms mine weighed in at 20 grams each.
5.5mm hook
English Terms (US Terms below)
Using colour A
chain 144
htr in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch to end change to colour B with a 1ch turn
*dc in all sts to end change to colour A and 2ch turn
htr to end change to colour B and 1 ch turn
dc to end  change to colour A 2 ch turn*
work three rows htr with A (or more if you want it wider but make sure its an uneven number so that the contrasting stripes start on the same side.)
repeat from * to *
work one row htr and then ss along the length of the scarf on final row only.

Add tassels or a pompom or just leave plain.




I just love pom poms

US Terms
chain 144
hdc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch to end change to colour B with a 1ch turn
*sc in all sts to end change to colour A and 2ch turn
hdc to end change to colour B and 1 ch turn
sc to end  change to colour A 2 ch turn*
work three rows hdc with A (or more if you want it wider but make sure its an uneven number so that the contrasting stripes start on the same side.)
repeat from * to *
work one row hdc and then ss along the length of the scarf on final row only.

Add tassels or a pompom or just leave plain.

Copyright © 2015 Linda Solaiman. All Rights Reserved

Find a print friendly version here
 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

14 comments:

  1. I have been crocheting snowflakes too for Homestart.I don't blog much now and only tend to post if I have done something crafty like the snowflakes.I,too, wished I had known about it earlier.I am up to 35 so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that's a lot of snowflakes they can become addictive. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Linda, I've been missing your cheerful posts but life is very busy sometimes. Thanks for the pattern and charity links. They will be useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Una, you are very welcome. :)

      Delete
  3. A lovely set! So much easier for you to find charities wanting donations. I'm trying to find ways here that the groups I'm with can crochet for charity but mailing anything from this country is a pain and finding local organizations in need isn't easy. You would think it would be in this day and age. I had seen the snowflake appeal on IG and thought it a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarf and hat set, a welcome gift this time of the year. Blogging does seem to take more of a back seat this time of the year. It's hard not to feel guilty about not blogging enough but sometimes real life gets in the way. It's lovely to hear from you whenever you can but don't feel stressed when you can't. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful set ! The colors are perfect !
    Love your little snowflakes !
    Have a lovely week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So neat! I always love your ideas!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great makes for very good causes! As long as you are happy I don't think that it matters how you blog - but I would hate it if you were to disappear altogether! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're not posting blogs too often Linda because then I wouldn't be able to keep up with you!! I love this set you made up, and I love pom poms too! They look so cute on the ends of the scarf like that. You sure know how to fill your spare time in charitable pursuits. Enjoy your knitty week!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda,
    That is so wonderful to be making these useful items to donate to different charities! I really love those snowflakes.
    Thanks for joining and sharing your talent at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hat, mits and scarf are lovely. I really like the way the scarf is made. So simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so amazed how much charity work you do for your community. Your such a special person to find the time with your busy schedule to do such a wonderful thing. Everything you make, I am sure, is stitched with love.
    The snowflakes are also so pretty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Hat, Mittens & Scarf set - Linda - great colour combination - and what a great charity to donate to! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx