Monday 29 June 2015

As Promised.



Thank you for all your lovely comments about the scrappy hexagons and as requested here is the pattern ...
I used Dk yarn and a 4.50 mm hook and my hexagons are 3 inches wide..


But of course you can use any yarn and corresponding hook size that you like.
You will need approximately 3 grams of yarn for each one.

PATTERN UK Terms

Magic ring

First round - 2ch into ring(counts as 1st tr) 1tr, 2ch, tr2tog, *2 ch, tr2tog* repeat until you have 6 pairs of trebles each separated by 2 ch, ss to 3rd ch at beg of row and then ss into 2ch space.

Second round - work *3ch(counts as 1st tr) 1tr, 2ch, 2tr into 2ch space, *1ch, 2tr 2ch 2tr into each 2ch space* around, ss into 3rd ch at beg of round, ss into 2ch space.

Third round - 3ch(counts as 1st tr) 1tr, 2ch, 2tr, *1ch, 2tr in 1ch sp of previous round, 1ch, 2tr, 2ch, 2tr in 2ch space* around ss into 3rd ch at beg of round and fasten off.

As you can see mine are just the three rounds but of course you could keep on working them in this way for as many rounds as you like.

PATTERN US TERMS

Magic ring

First round - 2ch into ring(counts as 1st dc) 1dc, 2ch, dc2tog, *2 ch, dc2tog* repeat until you have 6 pairs of dc each separated by 2 ch, ss to 3rd ch at beg of row and then ss into 2ch space.

Second round - work *3ch(counts as 1st dc) 1dc, 2ch, 2dc into 2ch space, *1ch, 2dc 2ch 2dc into each 2ch space* around, ss into 3rd ch at beg of round, ss into 2ch space.

Third round - 3ch(counts as 1st dc) 1, dc 2ch, 2dc, *1ch, 2dc in 1ch sp of previous round, 1ch, 2dc, 2ch, 2dc in 2ch space* around ss into 3rd ch at beg of round and fasten off.

As you can see mine are just the three rounds but of course you could keep on working them in this way for as many rounds as you like.

Have fun with them they are very quick and easy to make and if there's anything I haven't made clear please let me know

Scrappy blanket progress 



It's measuring 66 inches wide and is 24 inches long and so far I have used 466 gram of stash yarn.

Scrappy Hexi Blanket



There were 61 hexagons in the jar by the way and so far I have made 68 altogether and have used 169 grams of stash yarn.

That's 635 grams of scrap yarn used up this month I'm happy with that :)

How is your stash-busting going? can you believe we are at the end of June already and half of the year is gone!  

You still have time to link up your June projects to the June stash link up or just visit and see some of the lovely projects that have been linked this month.

For those who are counting please leave me your totals here.  The July link Party and your May favourites will be up and running on the 1st July.

Have a great week. 




photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pattern and the great ideas. You've managed to get through quite a good amount of stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow of colours you have for the hexagons. Thanks for sharing the pattern, I will give these a go once I've finished my squares. Making hexagons and squares at the same time will make my head hurt I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those hexagons Linda - thanks for sharing your pattern with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linda :-) I love making motifs with scrap yarn. Your blanket is looking very nice so far. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the pattern. I enjoy making things from scraps. I like making hexagons too; I'd been making them this spring and sort of lost steam but I'll hopefully end up back to them before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love the hexagons you made and thanks for sharing the pattern to make them at our Cooking & Crafting with J & J! Have a lovely day and week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hexi's linda. Thanks for the pattern.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing they are so dinky.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hexagons are very pretty and light. How are you going to join them Linda?

    i think you might need to put the scrappy blanket away until the weather gets cooler - that is already some weight to support on your lap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are brilliant Linda.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the pattern!! You have done a lot of stash busting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the pattern. They are lovely!
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am having a real love of anything hexi right now! These are perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I totally wish I know how to do this! LOL :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This pattern is on Ravelry. It's free to join. :)
    www.ravelry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already a member Eileen, I'm sure this pattern or similar will be found all over the place it's a very popular pattern. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx