Thursday 7 February 2013

Sweet lacy Hearts Blanket

A soft cuddly baby blanket adorned with sweet lacy hearts. 






Materials
500g Dk baby yarn 
Hook 4.50 mm
Tension 11 rows and 11 sts to a 4 inch square
Finished measurements 100cms x 83cms
This Blanket can be made to any measurements, using yarn and hook size of your choice.

Abbreviations
Canada/USA
UK/Australia/Europe
sl st - slip stitch
sl st - slip stitch
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
hdc - half double crochet
htr - half treble crochet
dc- double crochet
tr - treble crochet
tr - triple crochet
dtr or dbl tr - double treble
yrh - yarn round hook

Group = work one half treble and one treble in each chain like this...(yrh, insert hook into next st, pull up loop, yrh, pull through first 2 loops, yrh, insert hook into same ch, yrh, pull loop through 1 loop,  yrh, pull through all 4 loops left on hook) 

Pattern
In English Terms.

Chain 118 very loosely,

1st row-1htr in 4th ch from hook, then 1 group in each ch to end 1htr in last ch.

2nd row - 3ch, 1htr in first group, then 1 group in each group ending in 1htr in last st.
Repeat last row until work measures 82 cm or desired length.

Edging 
1st row - Dc evenly around blanket edges working 3dc in each corner.

 2nd row-  (1 dc, 3ch, 1tr) in 1st dc, miss 2 dc, repeat all around blanket.

Make four Lacy hearts and sew one in each corner.
                        

I do hope that you will try this, it's a lovely rhythmic stitch that doesn't need too much thought, it grows very quickly as your hook just glides along almost by itself and before you know it, a new beautiful baby blanket is born. :)                                 

Please let me me know if you have any problems with this pattern and I will try to help and I would love to see yours if you decide to make one.



A perfect stash-buster project!

Find my other free baby blanket patterns below....






                

28 comments:

  1. Linda....you have gone and done it again!!!!
    IT'S GORGEOUS! and the hearts are just precious.
    Always love seeing what new you come up with! I just might have to try your pattern for it seems that I am making tons of blankets these days and my neighbor asked if I would make her a blanket....this looks perfect! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shari, I would love to see it if you make one :)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty blanket! You're doing so well with the stash busting! Those cones of purple yarn are lovely :) Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made two of your hearts yesterday - fast easy and adorable! And now a stash busting blanket to go with them is perfect! Thank you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found them easy to do Julie :)

      Delete
  4. Erg mooi, superlief!!!
    Tineke
    bollies53.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been so excited to see what you were going to use the hearts for as well...and this is so soft and pretty. A lucky baby for sure! I have something up my sleeve with your heart pattern to post tomorrow. I LOVE the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice blanket, Linda! The hearts looks so cute....a really special touch. I wonder what you´ll make next...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ana, isn't this stash busting fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can think is SwEeT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty Linda...looking forward to seeing your purple project too!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pattern! Thanks for sharing. Definitely putting this one ion the must make list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful....lovelu ....adorable...what can I say....this is so delicate.Congrats.! :0) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful hearts
    love
    maria
    mscreations27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful blanket,, Linda! and lacy hearts go with it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing - yours is gorgeous.
    Love the colours for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love simple projects that turn out so beautifully. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable blanket and the colors are so sweet! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Linda,
    I used next yarn - 140g for collar.
    The blanket is really very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katka will add the 140 to your totals you are dong really well :)

      Delete
  19. These are beautiful Linda - the hearts really make it even more special xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx