Tuesday 18 August 2015

Little Treasure Baby Blanket Pattern.

I always like to be working on a baby blanket along with whatever I'm working on at the time, they are great portable projects, ideal for practising crochet stitches and great for stash-busting too,  this is my latest using a very easy scallop stitch which I have used and loved in the past because it's so quick and easy.


Little Treasure Baby Blanket

Abbreviations
The pattern is written in UK terminology
ch - chain
tr - treble   (dc double crochet US)
dc - double crochet  ( sc single crochet US)
sk - skip
Measurements
My blanket is Preemie size measuring 20 inches by 20 but can be easily adjusted by adding multiples of 6 + 1 for the starting chain.

Materials 
4 mm hook
Double Knit yarn this is what I used 3 random balls of baby wool I found in my stash...


in shades of lemon, mint and white with a sprinkling of mint and lemon it took 150 grams.

Tension 

Four shell groups = 10cms
11 rows = 10cms

Pattern
The pattern consists of  clusters of 4 tr with a dc between.  The rows end with a dc and start with a 2ch.
Chart

Scallop Stitch click to see video


Ch 97 loosely
1st row - 2tr in 4th ch from hook, sk 2 ch, dc in next ch, *sk 2 ch, 4tr in next ch, sk 2 ch, dc in next ch* rep from * to * to end, 2 ch turn.

2nd row - 2tr in 1st dc, *dc in between 2nd and 3rd tr, 4tr cluster in next dc* rep from * to * ending with dc in 3rd starting chain.

Repeat 2nd row until the blanket is as long as you wish my blanket has 58 rows and measures 20 inches including the border.


Border

Dc evenly all around blanket, 3dc in each corner, 

Use same pattern for border but leave only 1 st between each cluster and each dc placing a cluster in 2nd dc of each corner.



  

Copyright © 2015 Linda Solaiman. All Rights Reserved

find a print friendly version or PDF  here

More of my free baby blanket patterns can be found below.

22 comments:

  1. It's a lovely pattern Linda, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very pretty. I'll save this pattern as it looks so easy. You've explained it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty Linda, the colours work well together & the border finishes it off beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely baby blanket, Linda!!:) Thanks for sharing the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pattern and the colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colour combination and the pattern too. A lovely blanket for a little baby! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful baby blanket, very nice pattern and colors!!
    Happy week.:*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, this is the prettiest baby blanket! I love the color of the yarn and thanks for sharing the pattern.
    Thanks too for linking and sharing at Cooking & Crafting with J & J.
    Take care.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty baby blanket. Thanks for sharing your pattern with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the exact same way, if I have a big project going then I always have something small and portable that I can take with me when traveling. Love those colors and the pattern is pretty too. Thank you for sharing this with us and for having the pattern in your post.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet colors, lovely blanket !!!
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree baby blankets are great projects to keep around. Yours turned out lovely.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a coincidence! I just started a blanket with this stitch, but just in one color :-) But I love it in stripes of color. I need to try that soon. and your colors are so sweet ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute blanket, Linda! Love all the pastels in it. I love making baby stuff no matter what it is. Fun and quicker than most things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a lovely pattern, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely pattern, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww...this is so cute!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the texture of your blanket

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet blanket Linda! so pretty and dantie! Now that I'm going to be a Mamaw, I can have a good excuse to make some baby things. Thanks for the shared pattern. I'm sure to make this one!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet blanket, Linda! Thanks for sharing this nice pattern :-). Hugs & happy weekend, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the blanket is very pretty. Can you make the blanket bigger- if so, what is the multiples you can use to make it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes as stated in the pattern it's multiples of six plus one turning chain.

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx