Thursday 23 November 2017

I'm Still Here!

Just popping in to say a quick hello, last Thursday was moving day for me and as I'm sure you all probably know watching them load your worldly possessions into a van is quite stressful. I looked on the long term weather forecast before booking and chose a dry day, all I can say is don't trust the long term weather forecast this is what I woke up to..


Added to which they arrived half an hour late by which time I had convinced myself I'd booked the wrong day, fortunately they eventually arrived and three and a half hours later most of my possessions were safely installed in my new home.

I asked the guys to put all the boxes and bags in the garage and place the furniture in it's appropriate room. I'm now trying to fit my possessions into a much smaller space, the bedroom furniture had all been dismantled and had to be put back together again,  it's going to take a while to sort it all out. thank goodness I have a garage now but I think it's going to be a while before my poor car gets to see inside.

I have left a small amount of furniture in my old place and am having to spend odd days there too, there's still a lot of stuff to clear out in fact twenty years of accumulated rubbish, this is certainly a big lesson for me, I have taken car loads to recycling and I'm sure I must have given the charity shops enough stock to last them for years and there is still a way to go!

On top of all that it was my Birthday last Monday and in between everything else a gal has to celebrate reaching the grand age of 65! where has all the time gone? it doesn't seem five minutes since I was celebrating my sixtieth.   Another lesson, enjoy life to the full because the time just goes in the blink of an eye.

The WiFi in my new place won't be up and running until mid December so I'm having to rely on a WiFi hotspot which is very hit and miss but I will be around to visit  you guys whenever I'm able.

Have a great weekend. 😊


13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday !!! May this year be quiet (moving is extenuating ) and full of blessings !
    Big HUG !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Linda. I hope you continue to have success with your move. Take some time for yourself during all that unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, not the sort of weather you want on moving day. They do say that moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do, but at least you're in now and you can get everything how you want it in your own time. I hope you'll be very happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope you love your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday wishes, Linda. I know moving is a big job. Hopefully you will get settled soon. Take a break now and then :) My best to you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Linda.♥
    There is a lot to do in your new home before you are really settled.
    We also had three days of cold and rain, yesterday with storm, brrr.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Loes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated birthday wishes to you Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy birthday!!! So glad you have your new home and hope you will enjoy many years there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated birthday wishes to you, Linda! Do share your new crafting space pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad it went well and I'm sure you will be very settled by Christmas. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy Birthday Linda!
    Moving is always stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Linda. I hope you'll be nice and settled very soon.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Linda. Oh I do hope that you love your new home. Yes we do accumulate a lot of things don't we. So nice that you donated a lot of it. Take care and all the best.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx