Friday 21 February 2014

Block a Week Friday



Block 52
Block Checks



An easy slip stitch pattern, and as with all of these you need to be careful how you carry the wool across the back or the tension becomes uneven.  The yarn is carried up the side of the work so there are only four ends to weave in. 
All of these slip stitch patterns make a lovely thick fabric and are ideal for blankets or hats.

Rating
I have just realised thanks to one of you that the book has it's own difficulty rating, there is a small needle icon on the top left of each block, one needle being beginner blocks, two some experience and three challenging.  It actually tells you on page 11.  I bet I'm the only one who hasn't realised this. 

The ratings I give are my own personal ratings and not the books.

Rating - Easy
Curl - 1-2
size - 6, 1/4
ends - 4 Another example of block 52


Jaycee Loving Hands


Progress -  number of different blocks made = 11

Numbers -17, 24, 304041, 42, 45, 52, 56,  98113,
(Click on the number to see the block.)

Number of blocks altogether = 14

Linking with




Have a great weekend!














5 comments:

  1. These blocks take me back a few years, I remember my mum made me a cardigan this slip stitch pattern, it lasted for ages.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block is lovely Linda, such a beautiful texture.
    Hugs,
    Merediht

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have lots of squares done by now Linda! They are coming along well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these blocks Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this block, especially in the blue shades Linda, very nicely done! J x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx