Monday 17 February 2014

The Monday Smile

I hope you have all had a great Valentines Weekend!

Last week the weather was grey and rainy in my part of the world, and this was reflected in the colour I chose for my motifs for the never ending mood blanket so....
it's a grey smile but still a smile nevertheless



 I have gone a step further this week and made some grey cog wheels for the middle of the circles

 and some second rounds of grey too.I will be doing this every week with all my colours in an effort to speed up the process of completing this blanket.


I have been making this blanket for exactly two years! I am joining my motifs as I go and it is now large enough to cover the top of my double sized bed.  If I wanted to I could add a border and be done with it but I have decided I want a drape too, I want this blanket to actually reach the floor which means I need another 314 motifs to make it big enough, so there is still a long way to go...but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am in the final phase :)

The meaning of grey
The colour grey is neutral, impartial, subdued quiet and reserved, it creates a sense of calm and composure. It gives relief from a chaotic world. 
It can also be termed as being drab and too much of it can be depressing, but grey can enhance the beauty of other colours and bring them to life......which is what I'm trying to achieve by using it in my blanket so that makes me smile :)

I hope the grey smile hasn't made you sad if it did then I hope that this will cheer you up.



On a bitterly cold winter morning a husband and wife were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the Snow ploughs can get through. "So the good wife went out and moved her car.
A week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the odd-numbered side of the street, so the snow ploughs can get through. "The good wife went out and moved her car again.
The next week they are again having breakfast, when the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park...." Then the electric power went out. The good wife was very upset, and with a worried look on her face she said, "I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so the snow ploughs can get through?"
Then with the love and understanding in his voice that all men who are married to blondes exhibit, the husband replied,
"Why don't you just leave the car in the garage this time !!!"

(My apologies to all blondes)

Have a great week! 

12 comments:

  1. I like a neutral colour as a background to the brighter colours Linda and I have only just realised how big a project this is for you, well done on sticking with it, I am sure it will look fabulous once it is done.
    Great joke, even though I am blonde lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - that is so funny! Thanks for the laugh Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your circles are looking lovely, if you still have so many to go and are nearly there, you must have done hundreds and hundreds already!! I am looking forward to seeing it when it is done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the circles! I'm working on my circles too. I'm doing three rounds of colors and then they'll get white to square them. It's slow-going, though. I'm doing maybe three per day and I need 192 for the blanket I want to make! Ah, well, I like having a long-term project sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting to read the meaning of the colors...I actually LOVE grey, precisely because it enhances the other colors. I love your grey collection ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda, YOU did make me giggle this snowy gloomy gray day here in Michigan. Thanks Hugs judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh....I can't wait to see "this" blanket finished wow....over three hundred more to go! Your amazing!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always liked grey to wear, it gives a crisp look I think. Your medallions are so pretty, but 300+ more to go sounds like a huge number to me. I'm glad you see the bright side when you say you're almost there! Can't wait to see this blanket :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is a big challenge Linda but it's going to be so beautiful judging by the work you've already done! Thanks for the laugh again - what a daft lady, haha!
    Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love grey as a neutral. I think of it as pewter or silver. Your color combinations with grey are just so pretty, Linda.

    I suppose I will leave my car in the garage next snow storm too! Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gray is my favorite, I love all hues of it from silver to dark gray. It can add so much to a project or stand proudly alone. Love your funny today.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colors! Visiting from Annemarie's blog.

    sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/02/bonfire-wedding-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx