Monday 13 February 2017

All Is Revealed

Well it's taken me an age to write this post, life at home is not without it's trials at the moment what with various workmen trying to put my house back together after the burst pipe last December and me trying to get out of the way so that they can get it done, I've had limited time where I could actually use my WiFi and concentrate enough with all the noise in the background, aren't workmen noisy! and they say that women can talk, dear me these workmen never seem to shut up haha.  

Today I'm confined to barracks because I have come down with Laryngitis probably the result of me walking the streets in wind snow and hail while my car got fixed because it didn't pass its MOT the front spring had gone and I'm not really surprised with all the potholes we have to contend with of late.   

Well done to all of you who guessed correctly after my last post, it was of course The Mile A Minute Blanket, I've had this on my to do list for years and at last I have made one.




As always when following a pattern I do mine slightly different but it has turned out roughly the same.


It was easy to make and made a nice change from squares or from making a solid blanket, it has caused quite a bit of puzzlement when I have taken it out to work on, I've had comments like what on earth are you making and when I explain they still didn't seem to get it, to be honest I wasn't convinced myself until I started crocheting the strips together and it started to take shape.



You need to have even tension for this blanket and unfortunately I don't, sometimes there were inches different between strips and I had to do them again but in the end I got there and I love the finished result.




It's a great way to use up your stash too as long as you have a decent amount of yarn for the border colour your strips can be as many colours as you want them to be.

It used 550 grams of Dk stash yarn and I used this version of the pattern here
I have made this to be used as a cot blanket and I will be sending it to knit for nowt to help the disadvantaged in the East Yorkshire area.

For some strange reason I made two strips too many, I think they look fine joined as a scarf and it will keep some little one warm.


I hope you all have a great week! 

See all the great parties I'll be linking to over on my right sidebar. 






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket !!!!
    I have the project to do one for myself one day !
    Have a nice week ! With less noise ;)
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blanket! I like blues and greens, so that colourscheme is absolutely perfec to me! As I'm no good in long-term-projects I might have a try at the "The Mile A Minute Blanket". Came across it often already but... Guess you know...
    Have a great week and take care of that cold!
    Marjan
    P.S.: Lucky you for being able to put the "leftovers" into use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, what a nice blanket! I've admired that design for a long time. I really like the colors you used. I hope all goes well with the car and with finishing up the home renovation. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blanket Linda. I have crocheted one mile a minute years ago but didn't really enjoy it. Love the colors you used.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor you with all the repairs, including your car. We have something in common right now, I can't talk either! Hope all calms down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blanket Linda!! :) Nice colors! It is a nice feeling when we complete a long pending item from our todo list, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, wow your blanket came out so nice! I love the colors you used. I made one many years ago when I first learned how to crochet. I remember how much work went into making up one. Great job.
    Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day and a lovely week.
    Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket is beautiful.
    I think men talk much more than women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear the repairs are getting completed - hope they are almost over !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic blanket! I haven't heard of this one so I never would have guessed it. Lovely that you made use of the extra strips. I hope your car will soon be fixed, you will be fixed and that your house will be fixed! Take care of yourself in the meantime. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phew! I've just looked at the link and that looks like a really complicated pattern! Yours turned out really well. I would have gladly received this when Daughter was a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful cause, Linda! The blanket looks great. It's a nice color mix and such blankets are fun to make. Great idea to put the two leftover stripes together for a scarf! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boa noite! me segue que eu sigo de volta no Google+

    Endereço meu blog: http://nintudo.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have made Mile-A-Minute Afghans! Your's is awesome! Great job! Thank you for the idea of using those extra strips as a scarf! My grandbabies would love that! So glad I found you on Hookin' on Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx