Tuesday 21 February 2017

Felling Better At Last!

Hello all you lovely people it's so good to be back here again the last couple of weeks have been horrid.  If you can remember I mentioned that I had Laryngitis in my last post at that point I didn't feel so bad but it got worse and worse as the week progressed and it aggravated my sinus problems so I couldn't breathe, let me just say it's been rather nasty, even worse when you have workmen in your house every day, it's so embarrassing when you have a fit of coughing and it won't stop and there are strange men in your house.

The ceilings have been plastered.

The walls have been papered

The walls and ceilings have been painted...but not the skirting boards they don't do wood! I will have to do all of that. 

The floors have been measured but not yet covered, so I'm still living in my bedrooms and trying to clean up a bit of dust and rubble every day and paint a skirting board or banister or door or door frame or two.  Did I tell you I'm fed up!

Anyway up until yesterday I was feeling too ill to come on here and visit you all but I'm looking forward to seeing what you have all been up to.

I haven't felt like Knitting or crocheting but I have made these..


 I did try to post them in time for Valentines day but I was too poorly.


This is week seven for the last dance on the beach blanket a lovely easy square and so handy to have the pattern as you can use these squares as part of any blanket, you can find the pattern here

The only thing I have felt like doing these past couple of weeks is reading I have to recommend this to those of you who haven't read it..


This book has 498 pages and I read it in a day! I couldn't put it down and boy did I suffer, I had a blinding headache and my poor blocked nose just couldn't keep up with the copious tears I shed. It's a lovely bitter sweet thought provoking love story, make sure you have your box of tissues at the ready.

See all the great parties I'll be linking to over in my right side bar.😊 Have a great week everyone.






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

21 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've been so sick Linda. Very happy to hear that your feeling better.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are better !
    I hope you will have your home for yourself soon...to relax... and create !
    Love your hearts !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you're feeling a bit better, Linda, so many people have been laid low at some point since Christmas. I know exactly what you mean about having workmen around - they've been making good our upstairs since we had a pipe burst in the loft. They have included glossing the skirting boards, although they are reluctant to give us a new carpet. The squares are lovely and you must be close to finishing that blanket now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what had happened to you. But all is forgiven. You deserved a bit of a rest, not that all that painting can be called restful. I had a lot of building work done last year and was ready to scream after nearly three months of mess and noise. The poor builders can't help it. They must secretly know how much stress they are causing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling better Linda. Probably all that dust created with the renovation has aggravated everything for you. I'm sure the workmen have witnessed all sorts of human frailties working in peoples' homes all the time. Kinda weird that they won't paint wood?! I wonder why. Seems a simple job to me as long as you prime it first. You did prime it first, right? I hope everything is finished up soon now and you can get back to feeling normal again in your own home ... you know disco dancing in your pj's like I know you are prone to do ;)
    Love the little heart squares and the shade of blue is a favourite of mine. Hugs to you Linda and get all better real quick!! That's an order!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, I do hope that you start to feel better soon! I do love all of those pretty heart squares you made. Take care and be well.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your much better now and I hope things are going better in your house.
    The heart blocks are beautiful and the color is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better, I agree it would be difficult feeling sick like that with men working on your house. I love the hearts you crocheted, they are so nice. I saw the movie it was really good but I am sure the book is even better as they always are. Thank you for sharing!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear you are feeling better. I so understand how you feel. When I don't feel like me I certainly wouldn't like to have strangers in my house and less still working on the house.

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad you are finally feeling better. By little bug has lasted three weeks, I am not amused. And your house seems like it is coming along nicely, not near as fast as you would like I am sure. I still need to read that book, what is wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your health, Linda. I know how difficult it is with sinus and the construction dust adds to it even more. Just go slow, you can paint later when you feel better.
    I love your squares and the color is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank's for the book tip and I'm glad you feel better!
    Hopefully you can enjoy your interior now and I'm sure you'll soon get the taste of knitting/crocheting back.
    Take care, Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that you are over the worst of your germs and possibly building issues Linda.
    Love your hearts!
    Hope you continue to take it as easy as you can - I can imagine how quickly you would like to get ship shape!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello.I love your blog.Sorry to hear you have not been well.I hope you don't mind me asking.I have made some of the heart bobble sqares ( pic on my blog )can I ask how you would join them neatly as I am not very good at that.I am making a blanket for new born twins and really want it to look neat.thanks in advance.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Linda, sorry to hear you were so sick. Great that you're feeling better now, fingers crossed that you're 100% fine very soon! And that the work in your house is done soon, too. The hearts are wonderful ♥, also a great color. Weekend greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been missing from blogsphere too :-(
    Hope you are doing much better. Best wishes!!!
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda, I hope you are feeling better. I love your blog and all that it offers. I have recently started up my own - I hope it becomes as established as yours some day! It's a crafty one about book props that I knit, crochet, use felt and/or fabric for internationally known children's books. I have commenced with The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Please feel free to pop by for a browse when it's convenient as I understand how busy you are with all that you do.

    Kind regards,
    Rebecca
    http://behindthecraftydoorbookprops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi.Hope you received my reply email.Wishing you better.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear you've been poorly but glad your back blogging and turning a corner. I don't envy you your painting, I would get another man in that does do wood. Love the bobble heart and I think I just happen to have a use for that so now on my to do list. You take care x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx