Monday 6 November 2017

A Winter Project.

Hello all you lovely people I hope that you've all had a great weekend, it's turning decidedly chilly here in the North East of England with frost coating the almost bare branches of the trees and I can see that the windscreen of my car is going to need scraping before I use it this morning. 

I wish I could just stay indoors all snug with my crochet but I have a million things to do before I move my furniture over to my new house next week.  I still haven't got a buyer for this place yet but I'm moving anyway and I will come sleep over here on odd days to keep an eye on the property. 

So  as usual my crochet is keeping me sane and I have started a great little project which will keep me busy throughout the winter and maybe even beyond.


Another scrap blanket but this time made with granny squares, when I made Wades blanket back here I really enjoyed making the circle in a square because it's so simple.  I love turning all these little bits of yarn 


into these cute little circles My plan is to use all the scraps of Aran weight yarn I have by making them into circles, surrounding them with grey then joining them all into a cosy blanket.


The problem is, although I have a huge 400 gram ball of grey yarn I'm not sure how big a blanket it's going to make, if I want to make it bigger I may have to use another colour to contrast with the grey and the only other colour I have in sufficient quantities is cream which...


I'm thinking would look rather nice, what do you think?  

You can find the circle in a square pattern here

I hope you all have a great week.😊

I'll be linking this to.. 
Jennifer's winter project party 
Cooking and Crafting with J&J
hookin on hump day

16 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, thanks for joining in with my party! I love these squares. I'm such a fan of gray with color, as you've probably noticed! I think it will look great if you mix them with cream-bordered squares. That will be a dramatic contrast, I think, and very interesting visually. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrap blankets are the best. I am working on one, too (well, it is a WIP that hasn't been worked on for a while). x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful colors. I think your blanket will turn out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blanket your making Linda. I think the cream and gray would look great together.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Linda, your winter project looks like it will keep you busy. I love that the circles are different colors and the rest grey. Good luck with your move and the blanket. Thanks too for sharing this at C&C with J&J.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new project looks great, Linda! I had started making few circles last year and then moved onto another project. I should have a look at those again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with your new project and moving to your new house !!!!
    Good luck !
    Anna
    We have 19Âșc and a beautiful sunshine here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda I think the prettiest blankets are the scrappy ones made from whatever you have. I have a hard time putting together color combinations and sometimes I think certain colors won't work together well but when it's all finsihed it all somehow works. Good luck with your move.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good. I think cream would definitely work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're off to a great start on the blanket Linda! Sounds like you may be needing this one for your odd night at the old place ;) I think cream and grey will look lovely together. That's the best part of using stash yarn, you never know what you'll end up with! Best of luck with getting your place sold. You're going to love setting up your new place at long last. Hugs to you,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make the most beautiful blankets out of your scrappy leftover wool, Linda. The Granny blanket is looking lovely, love those circles. I think cream will look great. All the best with the move.....I hope you find a buyer for your 'old' home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a beautiful project for cold winterdays, like the cirkles and the colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and the squares, I think cream would give it a zing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Crocheting is perfecting for long autumn evenings.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that will make a lovely blanket! All those soft blues with the grey and cream look like winter, but in a good way. :)

    Best of luck with your move, and I hope you get a buyer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your circles and squares Linda, the limited palette looks very elegant. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx