Wednesday 21 February 2018

Blanket Round Up Two

Last Summer back in June just before things got seriously manic for me I was donated  lots of coned yarn remember here and was looking for inspiration as to what to make with them, then I saw this Afghan designed by the lovely and very talented Olga from Lacy Crochet and knew I just had to make it.




I used three strands of coned yarn in each of the two shades and it used a very satisfying 850 grams.
It was a joy to make as rippled blankets always are and was completed in no time. 

The finished dimensions were 48 x 38 inches. 
It was donated to  Needles,Hooks,Angels and Preemies



You can find the pattern here

What are you all up to I hope that you are having a lovely week! we have beautiful sunshine I was beginning to forget what it looks like đŸ˜Š

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty blanket & a great cause, Linda! Well done ♥
    Hugs, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern ! And colors !
    Have a cozy day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is so beautiful, Linda:) Love the colors and the pattern as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is stunning, Linda. Love the colours and fabulous pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blanket Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olga has the best patterns. You found a great way to use the yarn. Wishing you a great week too.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely rippled blanket, Linda! I'm another admirer of Olga's talent.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda,
    Oh my goodness, did you just call me "lovely and very talented"? I'm blushing and I'm so happy! Thank you!
    I love the colors of your blanket. Beautiful work and a great cause!
    Thank you again! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes because you are Olga, thank you for the inspiration and the great pattern :) xx

      Delete
  9. Wow! what an eye-catcher! You did an amazing job! We are thinking along the same lines it appears as I just finished a chevron blanket for my son and will blog about it as soon as I get a better photo of it. great minds think alike ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Just read your comment about brilliant sunshine. I think your snowy header will be more apt for the next few days. Really cold here today. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes things have changed somewhat since I wrote that Una, it's wind chill of -8 here at the moment.

      Delete
  11. Nicely done! Great choice of colors

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very pretty. I've never done any kind of ripple. Currently trying to finish up all the granny square blankets I started last year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely afghan! I really like the black and blue zig zags

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your afghan is stunning, and so well photographed. Thanks for joining in with March Ginx Woolly Linx Party https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx