Friday 6 April 2012

Granny Rose CAL progress so far


Here are the roses all waiting patiently  for their leaves.  I am only putting the roses on one side of the cushion so here are 12 of these little beauties.  This cushion will be for my sitting room and later on when I have managed to finish some of the other things I have on the go I will be making at least another one, I have the colours picked out already :)
This week Astri showed us how to make the next round or leaves, at first I wasn't sure about the dark green I have chosen but now I think that the dark green shade brings out the colour of the flowers and here they are all done and ready for the next step. 





I'm really enjoying this CAL it's fun and I can't wait to see my finished cushion at the end of it all, still two weeks to go so it's not too late to catch up if you want to join us. :)

7 comments:

  1. Your roses look great! I think you are right, the dark green makes the colour pop so very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan, love your blog by the way :)

      Delete
  2. They're very pretty - your cushion is going to be lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Linda!!! I LOVE that dark green. What a nice contrast. The roses are all so perfect! Makes the Granny Rose Queen so proud!

    I will post this and link back to you on my CAL page on my blog. :-) http://appleblossomdreams.blogspot.com/p/health.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!
    It will be a beautiful pillow!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx