Thursday 7 September 2017

An Update on My Crazy Life

Sorry I haven't been around much of late, I do pop in at least once a day to see what you are all up to but my head is spinning with one thing and another and I find I'm unable to concentrate for any length of time 

Things that have happened so far this year... not all bad!!!




  • January...Had to retire from work because they closed down my unit due to lack of funding.
  • Have had to deal with selling parents bungalow and move my brother from there into a safer place that is adapted for his needs (he has MS and can be very difficult to deal with as my NELH friends know they have put up with my moaning and complaining haha )
  • Had a sinus operation which was rather nasty to say the least. 
  • Had to deal with the knowledge that my colleagues all got redundancy and three months severance pay, I didn't I'd retired because we were told there would be no redundancy money. Tried to fight it but got nowhere because I'd left it too late. (colleagues didn't tell me at first because they didn't want to upset me  ) I'm over it, it's only money although I could do with it now I've just recently learnt I could have got nearly £15, 000!
  • My youngest son Barry passed his PHd and is now working as a assistant professor in Qatar ( so proud of him)
  • I'm dealing with a persistent pain in lower left abdomen, it's been there for months have had numerous blood tests and am awaiting appointment for a scan.
  • Found what I thought was the house of my dreams, it was ridiculously expensive and it certainly didn't meet all my criteria, but my heart was ruling haha, anyways 8 weeks down I got the keys last Tuesday and thought what have I done!, it's so much smaller than the one I'm in so I'm trying to figure how I'm going to squeeze myself and all my belongings into this tiny space. It needs loads doing to it new bathroom, kitchen, carpets decorating throughout and I want a conservatory building onto it. (pity about the redundancy )
  • Put my house on the market as soon as I saw house above, luckily I had an offer after 5 weeks but it's dependant on buyers house sale going through so please keep your fingers crossed that it all goes through smoothly, I'm now paying two lots of bills and spending my time here and there I don't know if I'm coming or going I can tell you.
  • Last but by no means least my first grandchild is due next March  my eldest son Ellis and Christa my Syrian DIL but poor Christa is suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum the same as Kate M and she has been in hospital because of it, I feel so sorry for her, being nauseated for the first 3 months is bad enough.
  • I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's enough for now I think, now what have I got to do next, where's that list.

14 comments:

  1. Gosh it sounds like a very up and down time for you. I am sorry about the not so good bits, that is all very tough to handle. Good news about your new home though, I hope you get it all as you want it and love living there and that the sale of the current one goes through soon. COngratulations to you all about the new baby to come! I hope your DIL will be improved before baby arrives and that when they do come all will be well again. Lovely to hear from you Linda and to know that you are still around! Hopefully the rest of the year will bring you some relief and you can get back to crafting again. Take care of yourself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad and good news in an post marks your return on the blogosphere ;)
    I wish you all the best !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you again, Linda:) Life is like that- sometimes happiness and sometimes disappointment. I try hard to hold hands with happiness and fight the disappointment demons. We don't always get to choose everything good in life. I wish you happiness and good luck in your forthcoming moments of life and courage to fight the difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.What a. Time you have had!!!Hope the new property works out ok.Any photos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, nice to hearing from you. You have been through a lot, so nice a grandchild is coming!
    So much fun your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda, it is so good to hear from you. It sounds like you have been so busy with life. I wish you a lot of luck with your new home. Congrats on the baby that will be coming soon! Take care and all the best.
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, hmm ..... your year reads so much like mine and I feel for you, but you know the end of it (the year) is coming and I am looking at turning everything around and only allowing the 'positives' into my life! Having said that, I literally fell across your wonderful blog and am so glad I did. I was looking for some patterns for preemie baby items and your blog had just what I needed. Started on the tiny hearts blanket late yesterday afternoon and have already crocheted half of it! Considering I changed it to 4ply and making it was not as big an issue as I thought - thank you for not only this pattern but for all the patterns that you so freely give on your blog so others may make items to give and make others happy.
    Look after yourself and take care, June

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! It's great to hear all your news, even though it has been so stressful. That's a huge pity about the redundancy money. But maybe your pension would have been reduced if you were given redundancy money. Employers have their ways of giving with one hand and taking back with the other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Linda. I don't know where to begin. No wonder you have had no time to blog. I am surprised you have anytime to sleep. Good news on your house, successful surgeries and a new baby. Bad news on persistent pain, missing that crucial money and your poor DIL. I am sending you a special hug to get through it all.

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have had a busy year so far! too bad you didn't get the money, you should have been given it but I know it is sometimes difficult with getting severance depending on when you left. Congratulations on your soon to be grandchild! that is exciting news and hope mom feels better. Good you found another place, even though it is small but it will be tiny house living which can also feel more light and freeing without tons of stuff around. Hope you have a good rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh Linda what a rollercoaster of a year so far! Hope you are able to enjoy your new home and settle soon! Lots to look forward to hope things go smoothly from now on!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda Ive been missing for a while and am trying to catch up - I thought of you the other day and miss not "catching" up online - you sound like you have had a retched time of it lately but with some good news "granny" - I can only imagine how you felt over the work money grrrr and im sure it would have made such a difference (i really wouldnt give up fighting though ..... tried ACAS??? - you never know ) - anyway just to say Ive been missing you and hope to pop in a bit more often xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to catch up on all your news, Linda, there is a lot going on at your end!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know how I missed this post which is now a month old! Oh Linda, I feel so bad for you with all the things that are going sideways. But a "house of your dreams"!! Wonderful!! How nice for you to be moving into a new place! I hope things have sorted themselves out a bit now, and at the very least you have sold your home. Does all your yarn stash fit in the new place?! Most important. Congratulations to your son on his PhD! And congratulations on the baby news. I hope mom is coping and feeling better. I just got news I'm to be a great auntie in the spring! First grandchild of my sister's. Exciting stuff.
    Well, take care Linda, and hope to hear from you soon when things are less topsy turvy.
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx