Thursday 15 September 2016

Cabling is Fun!


I have to admit that when I'm following a crochet along I don't always follow it to the letter, if there's a stitch or square I don't like then I'll substitute it for something else which is what I was going to do with this one for week three of the Last Dance On The Beach CAL. 




It's not that I didn't like it I think it's lovely but I thought that it would be too difficult or should I say too time consuming for me to get right.  I'm a bit slow when learning something new and I don't always have the time to put my full concentration to the task of trying something a bit more challenging. However I needn't have worried because it wasn't that hard at all...




I can't brag and say that I was able to follow it right away I did need to look at the video and I made lots of mistakes but by the time I got to the second square I knew what I was doing and the other two were pretty straight forward, they aren't perfect but certainly passable, a great learning experience I'd say.





This square is called Sunset in the waves and was was designed by Tatsiana at LillaBjorn's Crochet World and you can find the pattern and video tutorial here

I used Stylecraft Chunky in Cloud Blue. It took just less than 200 gram to make three squares.


You can see my other squares for this CAL here

linking with...






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

14 comments:

  1. Lovely squares. I'm sure you are glad you were able to make them. They'll be a wonderful addition to the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful !!!!
    Have a lovely day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This square looks just like waves! Great job Linda. I'm glad you kept at it to figure out something new. I love cables in knitting, and the more complicated, the more satisfying :)
    Haven't seen you in a while, so I hope all is well out your way. Take care,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely, Linda!!:) All the squares are perfect! It is nice to learn a new stitch/style. Video tutorials are always of great help, isn't it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cables are so pretty, I did it also wrong the first time, but after
    a few mistakes it suddenly went much better.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done them beautifully, Linda - well done for giving them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The squares are so very pretty ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pretty blue squares, Linda! Cables are so pretty. I haven't seen this particular design before, but it's a beauty. Always good to challenge ourselves with something new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a wonderful pattern Linda, but it looks hard, I might have skipped it myself!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love textured stitches. These cable are so beautiful Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Linda, I love your pretty cabled crochet square you made and it does look like waves.
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda. I'm determined to master new skills too, so I'm in awe of your knitting. Great job! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Applause, Linda! Great job :-). The pretty squares look like a flowing river! Happy Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx