Friday 20 May 2022

A Baby Blanket a Garland and Other News

 Things seem to be quietening down in blogland at the moment which is to be expected when many of us are enjoying Spring and the better weather, who wants to sit indoors writing a blogpost when the outside beckons.  With this in mind you will have to excuse me if I seem to disappear for long stretches of time I want to make the most of the Spring/Summer for as long as it lasts.

Even my crocheting has slowed down, there's just not enough hours in the day, the last thing I made was this corner2corner rainbow blanket.

A rainbow blanket is given to parents who have had a live healthy baby(rainbow baby) following a previous pregnancy loss.

I totally forgot to show you my Spring garland so here it is..

It looks so pretty hanging up in my hallway, I intend to make a similar one for Summer.  I found the pattern for this in a magazine but Lucy from Attic24 has one that is nearly the same and you can find that pattern here.

I have nothing on my hook at the moment can you believe it! I have lots of idea's spinning in my mind but haven't quite settled on any one particular thing.  I have lots of patterns that are mere scribbles in a notebook waiting to be written up too but that will need lots of time and concentration both of which are in very short supply at the moment.

Other news

The embroidery continues and should be finished soon.

My fence is finished at last, he appeared yesterday evening and put the screws in from the neighbours side and neatened the tops of the posts, now I can paint the fence and tidy the poor neglected border.

I loved my red composite front door when it was installed but now its fading after just four years, luckily its still under guarantee, I have informed the company who installed it and am waiting to see what happens next, has anyone else had this problem? 

I'm still waiting for my new garage door to be installed, they now say it will be next week, we shall see. 

My daughter-in-law has just informed me that little Mikey my grandson has Scarlett fever and so has she which means of course my son will probably get it too. They are taking antibiotics so hopefully it will clear up without any complications.

You will be pleased to know that's the end of my ramblings for now but I will be back when I can, even if the posts are short or just to say a quick hi.😊

Take care until next time.😘😘


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket and lovely spring garland !
    Have fun with your activities !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is creepy.I was having coffee with my closest friend this morning and she was telling me about doing a corner to corner blanket.I had never heard of that before and now yours.
    Barbarax aka busy busy beejay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your C2C blanket. So happy nas looks soft and cozy. Best wishes for a fast recovery to your grandson and daughter-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring garland is beautiful! How lovely to have your fence fixed—it will be so satisfying to see it painted and tidied.

    With love from,
    Kelly (Mrs. Kiwi)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me feel better about not posting much lately to my blog. So busy doing that I have trouble finding the time or inclination to write about it. I love that pretty flower garland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got your fence sorted. Many years ago people used to say, don't buy a red car as the roof fades in the sun. I'm not sure if that's true, as people still buy red cars! A beautiful blanket, enjoy your gardening. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was curious so I checked out what a composite door is on google. I see that it indicates it lasts about 30 years approx and does not fade. I would certainly be doing the same as you if it has begun to fade after only 4 years ... tch! Hope they get back to you soon. Glad you have your fence finished at last. It is so annoying to be kept waiting! The blanket is gorgeous and I love your spring garland too. Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like your spring garland ...
    Hoping Mikey and your daughter-in-law get better soon.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blanket is so lovely. I quite like the idea of making one corner to corner. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up after grandkids and family from British Columbia have been visiting for a couple of weeks. Time to catch up on missed sleep. I have done very little with my crochet and embroidery, but did lots of plastic canvas stitching and crafting with granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made such a beautiful crocheted blanket and I love for flower garland! I hope you have a nice weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that little Mikey is feeling better by now, and your daughter in law too. There seems to be so many germs going about now, I wonder if it's something to do with us all being in lockdown and then going back to mixing again, the germs seem to be on the rampage again. My crafting has come to a complete halt but I do love your corner2corner blanket, something I'd like to have a go at.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello

    Very interesting and inspirational article,
    I also try on my site to promote creativity as much as possible

    https://creative-paper.ro/
    All the best

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx