Sunday 20 November 2022

The Work is Done and a Big Birthday

 I know it's been a while but at last I feel that I have emerged from a very long tunnel.  I can now thankfully announce that the bathroom and kitchen renovations are completely finished. Looking back it has only taken four weeks but it seems so much longer.  It was the getting up and getting dressed at 7 30 am that really got to me and having the whole house in disarray, no bathroom and then no kitchen, boiling the kettle in my bedroom and having all of my kitchen contents spread all over the house. 

Then when the last bit of silicone was stuck into place and I waved my builder off for the last time I was left with the aftermath, the painting of the kitchen walls and ceiling, I painted my kitchen ceiling six times and it still looks patchy! I have had enough, I just won't look up and as for the patchy wall I shall cover it with wall art and a beautiful clock.

Then of course the filling of the new kitchen cupboards trying to decide what to keep and what had no place in my new shiny kitchen, trying to rid the whole house of the dust and dirt that had accumulated because of all the banging and drilling.  

Today it's nearly all done I'm down to this room my little bedroom that I use for my office/storage place and I will sort it out next week, I need to make one last trip to the tip, there is a small mountain of stuff lying on the garage floor patiently waiting to be taken to it's final destination, it will be my fifteenth trip to the tip and my poor little car is showing the effects, it will need to be valeted inside and out and given some TLC after all the hard work it has done over the past month. 

Enough talking let me show you my bathroom as it was...


DAY ONE


DAY TWO

I could go on and show each day from then but it would take forever, it's amazing to think it could go from that to this..



THE KITCHEN

I forgot to take a picture of the whole kitchen before the work started but you can get an idea of what it was like here, this was the floor and you can see the colour of the cupboards 


they were dark and the room quite gloomy because there's very little natural light, I needed to brighten it up as I found it quite depressing..

DAY ONE 

When everything was ripped out, the walls were in a state behind the cupboards and apparently there was evidence of little visitors, I had never seen or heard them and it may have been before I even moved in but thankfully the walls are now repaired and all the pipework was changed and this is the completed kitchen...







I had the hall and the cloakroom  floor changed too to match the kitchen and a new vanity in the cloakroom.

There were lots of ups and downs during the whole process but I guess that it's normal when you are getting work done, but as a friend told me it's like delivering a baby, hell when it's happening but once you have that new baby in your arms you forget all about the pain. I haven't quite forgot it but now I can put it behind me and enjoy the results.

All of this work was a birthday present to myself it's a big one 70 years old today so I figured I deserved it😂 I can't believe I'm 70 where have the years gone.  I have had visits from friends leaving lovely gifts this morning and I'm going out for a meal later today, in fact the celebrations will be continuing into next week so it's all good.

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday and I'll be back soon to show you what I've been up to craft wise. 😘😘



14 comments:

  1. Efekt remontu bardzo dobrze wyszedł. Miłej niedzieli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy birthday, Linda, I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy all the celebrations. I'm glad you got all the work completed in time for the big day, you wouldn't have wanted all that hanging over you, but I have to say, it's been worth all the upheaval, it looks fantastic. Now to enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday.I love your new kitchen.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous transformation both bathroom and kitchen! I bet you feel super pleased with it all.Happy happy birthday Linda have a great day xx Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done in getting all the work in your home finished, it's not easy. Happy birthday hope you had a brilliant day, Marlene, Poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bathroom and kitchen look amazing, Linda. In fact, the kitchen is so shiny you'll not want to use it! :)
    Sending my very best wishes for your special birthday. Enjoy your celebrations! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Linda! Having seen it in real life, I can say that it all does indeed look fabulous. The kitchen looks twice as big as it did originally! It surely must be worth all the ups and downs to get to where you are now. Sit back and enjoy it. I hope you had a lovely day yesterday. Welcome to the 70s !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Linda ! Enjoy your day !
    Hopefully your house is in order (and looks great) to enjoy a cozy day !
    Big Hug !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, the bathroom and kitchen look great! What a great bday present and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lot of upheaval, but worth it in the end. The rooms looks amazing. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new bathroom and kitchen look wonderful and I'm sure it will be a delight to use them both. Well worth the inconvenience of a few weeks.
    Hope you had a lovely birthday and enjoyed your special day x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big hurrah for the bathroom and kitchen renovations being completely finished :)

    An even bigger hurrah in celebration of your 70th birthday.
    Enjoy the week ahead, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! What a beautiful Reno! You will enjoy your new rooms for many years to come! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful remodels of your bathroom and kitchen, Linda. I trust the dust continues to settle and you are thoroughly enjoying those fresh happy spaces. Wonderful pictures! Happy 70th birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx