Wednesday 5 June 2019

Something To Make You Smile

I am a member of a lovely group called The Knicky Knack Knitters who are part of Seaham and District U3A.  For the past year or so we have been making all sorts of marine type objects from seaweed to mermaids the plan being to provide a nautical display for Seaham Marina

 

We all met early one sunny Friday morning and set about tying the display to any available railing.  



I was quite sceptical about the whole project to be honest, a lot of work went into the making and planning and I was afraid that the whole display would be ruined by the weather and possibly by vandals.



I'm so pleased that I was proved wrong, nearly two weeks later it still looks as good as it did when we first put it up and we have had a lot of wind and rain.



I have never really been a big fan of yarn bombing I've always thought that the yarn could be put to better use but I completely changed my mind on that first morning, as people began to drift down to the Marina the huge smiles on their faces as they caught their first glimpse of the display said it all.








 Some pieces are displayed inside the cafe's and shops too. 

My beach hut display resides in one of the cafe's, which hut would you like to rent? 😊
lollipop anyone?


We all need a bit of light relief away from the madness of everyday life and if this can put a smile on someones face and provide them with that then it's all been worthwhile.  Thank you to Pamela our amazing group leader for the great idea and her endless encouragement and enthusiasm.


 I hope you are all having a great week.😊

20 comments:

  1. It all looks fabulous. What a great job you've all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is brilliant.I love your beach huts.Do you go to other u3A groups?I go to quite a few but we don't have a knitting group.Perhaps I should start one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!, yes I do go to other groups but there's not enough time to go to as many as I'd like to. Yes start a knitting group it's a must! we have a crochet group too which I run. The U3A a great organisation when did we ever have time to work. :) xx

      Delete
  3. Brilliant work, I am like you and always thought it a waste of time and yarn. Yours is the 3rd one I have seen, and it is beautiful, Well done all. x (made me smile just looking at the pictures). Thank you Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's brilliant Linda, I've seen some before on-line and though like you have wondered about it, it definitely bring a smile. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that's FABULOUS that like! They.... Look...... BEAUTIFUL! Everyone should be so proud! Soooo good for the character of the town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This all look fabulous and definitely put a smile on my face :)
    Well done to you and all the group.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Linda! How fabulous!! Your beach huts are brill! I'd like to rent the blue one with the green door and white roof! Love all their individual quirks. Hope the Knicky Knack Knitters (great name!!) display continues to raise smile throughout the summer - you'll be inspiring visitors from near and far!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Original and so funny !!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing those lovely pics !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is amazing Linda, all the beautiful works of your group that everyone can view. Its so beautiful!!!
    This makes everyone happy. Love you beach huts.♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving this, I've often thought about yarn bombing my lamp post outside my house but haven't got the nerve, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like it was a lot of fun in the making as well as seeing the final results! Your row of bathing huts is so cute! Something we don't have over here. I actually didn't know what they were until I started blogging :) I love knitting fun little projects like this for the daycare peeps. Keeps us creative.
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, what a fun project you and your group did. I am surprised at how well everything looks and so fun doing a beach scene. I love your beach hut and the lollipops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your beach huts are lovely. For some reason, the fifth from the left is calling out to me "rent me".

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your railing display! and so glad that everyone is enjoying them and they are making people happy. They make the railings look so much more colorful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a bit late with my comment but this is wonderful!
    I would like to rent the beach hut with the lavender walls.
    Everyone who contributed to this yarn bomb is amazingly talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Linda for the visit to my blog and reading about our Asia trip. They were wonderful places to visit and explore. I hope all is well with you and that you had a nice summer. Take care.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your beach hut display was my favourite of them all! It's adorable, and I would rent any one of the huts with pleasure. What a great group project.

    Hope you are doing well, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx