Tuesday 20 September 2022

A Finish and a Start

 I thought that it was about time I gave this lovely blanket it's time on the stage.  I finished it a few weeks ago but have not had time to show you until now.  I am talking about Flora's Fauna Blanket of course and here is the lead up..

Week One  - The Ladybirds

Week Two - Snails and Hedgehogs

Week Three - Acorns

Week Four. - Squirrels

Week Five - Leaves

Week Six - The Owls 

Week Seven - The Butterflies

Week Eight - The Border

and here it is in it's full glory ta daaa.....

I embroidered this little message on the back. not the neatest of stitches but readable almost..


I have yet to gift it to Mikey, I'll wait until the weather gets a little cooler, I'm thinking it will be a lovely little throw for him to snuggle under in the evenings while he watches TV.

Stats..

It's Flora's Fauna Mosaic Crochet Blanket which was a CAL run by Rosina Plane.  You can find the pattern here.

I loved making this and I can't wait to get started on the next, the HoHoHo blanket I showed you in my last post is going to have to wait because I have set myself a huge challenge I would like to make a blanket/throw for a lovely lady called Jennie, she's in my u3a and suffered a stroke late last year.  The progress she has made is amazing, it has affected her mobility but she is driving again and does try to attend as many u3a events that she can.

I'm hoping that I can complete this in time for her birthday mid October, if I can't I will gift it to her for Christmas, my progress so far..

Still a long way to go.

Why aren't there more hours in the day because I have found something else that I would love to do and it's The Festive Forrest Stitch A Long it starts tomorrow! and it's hosted by Stitchdoodles, I have bought the pre printed fabric and have all my threads at the ready, I have no idea where I will find the time as work on my bathroom starts next week can you imagine the disruption! 

You can find information about the SAL here

Click here to see some of the great link parties I will be linking to.


10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blanket, I'm sure Mikey will treasure it. I just love all the individual elements, especially the critters. Yes, just think of what we could achieve if there were more hours in the day, who decided on twenty four anyway, I bet they weren't a crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikey is going to love that blanket.
    Your friend Jennie will love hers too.

    Happy crafting and happy Autumn.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flora's Fauna Blanket is gorgeous Linda! each and every row so full of details.Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blanket you made Linda and the next one for your friend. I hope you have a nice week Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blanket ! So much work but the result is perfect !
    Good luck for the one ;)
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful blanket, with a real Autumn feel to it. I'm sure Mikey will love it.
    (Beverley from Meandmysmallcorner) Sorry Blogger playing up and making me Anon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the finished blanket is wonderful. So glad you also showed each section up close. What a fun gift that will be for Mikey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, the blanket is just so amazing! I have never tried mosaic crochet and I too wish there were more hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful blanket, Linda. It looks so warm and cosy, I'm sure Mikey will love it. And a few more hours in the days would be wonderful :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning blanket, so neat! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx