Wednesday 9 October 2024

Where to Start!

 Hello everyone it's ages since I posted, there seems to be so much going on and the time just goes! Here we are in Autumn already and as I'm writing this the rain is streaming down the windows and I can see the tree's almost bent double with the wind. I'm staying snug indoors for now but I will force myself out for a walk at some point in the day. 

There has been so much going on I really don't know where to start perhaps it would be easier to start from now and work backwards.

Can you believe my little Grandson Julian was one year old last Monday? where did that year go! His Mummy and Daddy did him proud I can tell you they hired a Marque for his birthday and family and friends gathered to wish him a happy birthday, it was a lovely afternoon but I think he was a little overwhelmed by it all at times and we had a few tears. 

Singing Happy Birthday 😊

I decided to make him these for his birthday, I haven't made them since I designed the pattern but they are very popular and always stay in my popular posts feed...


They are so easy and quick to make and I love how they turn out.

You can find the pattern here, I used Aldi so crafty yarn which I had already and it took 100 grams exactly I barely had enough to sew them up. I am waiting for a photo of him wearing them and will show you if one is forthcoming.

Can you remember I made him this little onesie just before he was born...

 As you can see he's wearing it now, but a request has come in for a larger size so did I need any persuading? I was off like a shot to buy yarn, they asked for brown but I hate working with dark colours so I compromised and bought this in shade Koala..





It's another lovely pattern to make and the tutorial is exceptional you can find it here.  The largest size is 12 months and I adapted the pattern to make it bigger.  If anyone wants the numbers I used please just ask.

I hope you are all keeping well, thank you for all the lovely comments that you have been leaving me. I must go round and visit you all and I will try and post on here more often now that the summer is over and the garden is fading... 


Hope to see you again soon😘



2 comments:

  1. Your grandson is adorable !
    And the clothes you made for him lovely !
    Enjoy every moment...time goes too fast....
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, it's so nice to hear from you. Time sure does fly by fast and glad to hear that you are ok. I hope you enjoy October.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx