Sunday 3 July 2011

Mad about Butterflies


I know we all love butterflies but I have been going a little butterfly crazy just lately, I have been trying to find the perfect butterfly pattern and then I found inspiration here I had to make them in all sorts of colours and in all kinds of yarns.  These butterflies have a 3D effect so I sort of halved the pattern and after a lot of tweaking I came up with some flat ones too which I thought would look good as embellishments for all sorts of things.  
As you know I am trying to inject some new life into my poor tired summer house as mentioned here  so I decided to make a sort of butterfly decoration to hang in there, so here it is I love it and it's nice to look up at as I'm sitting there in my little hideaway and see these butterflies  perched prettily on the wall. 
As you can see the inside of the summerhouse is finished but I am thinking of making a crochet rag rug for in there. 





Inside the summerhouse





3 comments:

  1. How do make this beautiful pattern? Would love to start it. Just new to this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to site, where does it tell you how to make this butterflies or heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just click on the link in the text. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx