Friday 4 March 2016

Five On Friday

A Five Minute Natter

Hello and Happy Friday to all you lovely people I just want to thank you all for all the lovely comments I received last Friday and apologise to those of you who I didn't manage to visit.  I haven't been able to sit for long at the laptop this week ..

As I mentioned earlier it is a while since I have decorated and there I was climbing  up and down ladders painting the ceiling, bending stretching looking up to see what I had missed, going over the blotchy bits then on with the walls, I was relentless because you want it finished don't you? then you have wait for bits to dry so you push the furniture out of the way and start on the other side.  I bet you know what's coming! I went to bed on Friday night tired but happy with my progress when I got up on the Saturday morning my back gave way and I couldn't move!

I have spent the week in a lot of pain because of my stupidity really, I should have taken it slower and I certainly shouldn't have pushed and shoved and lifted heavy furniture. I am getting on a bit after all but really, please let this be a lesson to you all no matter what your age, take things more slowly and get help with the heavy stuff!

Because of my carelessness it has taken me much longer to finish and I will have to wait even longer before I can finish off the trims but I'm pleased oh so pleased that most of it is done.  I have always been too independent for my own good and my poor daughter despairs of me she really does. I don't know why I find it hard to ask for help but I do, I hate putting others out.  

What about you do you find it hard to ask for help? I suppose if you have men at home it's much easier of course but I always think that I should be able to do it myself.

I have been worried about getting my two large sofa's outside because the council are coming to collect them next week, they won't come into the house to get them they have to be placed in the street where you leave your bin on collection day, can you imagine! everyone having to take a detour around your old furniture.  Anyway I was mentioning this to a friend at work she got on her phone there and then and asked her partner and his son to come and lift them out for me the evening before the council is expected and they they said they would be pleased to do it, honestly I could have cried with gratitude I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I will let you know if all goes to plan.

Have a great weekend! and for all those who celebrate Mother's Day this Sunday I hope you have a great one and that your family spoil you rotten. :) xx

Linking with the lovely Amy's Five on Friday








 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

20 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon and a very Happy Mothers Day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear what a shame, I hope you are feeling better now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had an old sofa to get rid of last year and I offered it on a thing called Freecycle. (It's online. I think it's national, not just local) Someone came and took it away! Saved me a lot of hassle, I can tell you.
    As for your back. Get yourself an osteopath. Doctors are hopeless about such things. and I've learned from bitter experience that they don't fix themselves. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you can soon sit, relax and enjoy your newly decorated home! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How generous of your work colleague to organise help for you. I'm the same as you, far too independent for my own good. We never learn until it's too late.
    I hope your back recovers quickly and your decorating all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm learning to ask for help but it's not easy is it? We all like to be independent and not have to rely on others, but please do be careful, you are precious x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear that you strained your back trying to get the decorating finished. It's easy to do. I've learnt my lesson before now, but I'm bit of a one for moving furniture around instead of asking my husband. He would gladly do it if I asked. Take care and I hope you can rest a bit and recover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling much better by now!
    I know so well what you are talking about. :) It's surprising how easily we have strains when not very, very young any more.
    It's lovely that you will get help with carrying the sofas. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear that you have done yourself a mischief. I hope that you have done lots of relaxing and are feeling better now, if not, make sure that you do just that over the weekend!!! How kind of your friends to offer to help. You are just like me, always willing to leap in and help someone else without a thought and yet totally unwilling to ask for help from others for myself. We are daft really, but there are a lot of us around! All of the decorating will be well worth it I am sure. Thank you for sharing at Five On Friday, hope you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your back and hope you feel better very soon. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to ask for help but sometimes you just have to and I think most people are pleased to be asked and like to feel they are providing a useful service. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you've got a really good friend! I hope you're feeling better soon, I understand how we sometimes push through things because we want them done and we overdo it. When you hit a certain age you just have to know how to slow down.
    I have a sore shoulder right now and I don't even know what I did to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Ask and you shall receive" and I hope that goes for your back to be on the mend as well :)
    Take care.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon,Linda. I am not independent like you and many times I ask for help from my husband and daughter. Relax and take rest for few days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It will be worth it once those new sofas arrive. We are our own worse enemies. Never knowing when to stop..take it easy and have a relaxing weekend. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do such a lot for other people. So you shouldn't be embarrassed to ask for help occasionally. I'm glad your sofas are on their way out without any more pulled muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I hope your back feels better. I know what you mean, I have back issues too. My husband is very good about it though, he tells me, "Just snap and point." He's so sweet. What a good friend at work to get her husband and son to help you. People actually are usually happy to help, so there is no shame in asking. Many times you can return the favor in other ways. Helping each other is what makes us all better humans.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll be doing my kitchen ceiling soon. Thanks for the warning, because like you, I live alone and hate asking for help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no, hope your back is on the mend. Hope the sofas were collected ok too - it is a bit of a faff to get them collected isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are feeling better Linda, and you were able to relax on Mothers day.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation with your back and all! Please take it easy this week and try to rest!
    Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx