Friday 22 October 2021

The Solar System In Crochet

 When my daughter in law asked me if I would crochet the solar system for my grandson everything else was immediately put to one side.  She wanted to make a solar system Halloween outfit for him for the Halloween party at his nursery.

If you can remember back in this post Mikey loves the solar system, he knows all the planets and everything about them right down to the number of moons and rings they all have.

I immediately set about making little planets but wondered if anyone had done anything similar before.  Making small spheres is simple enough but the planets are all different sizes and colours and I thought it would be great if I could find a pattern to help me on my way. if I got anything wrong Mikey would soon point it out haha

I found one which seemed to fit the bill here however the designer stated that it had been published in a back issue of Simply Crochet so rather that just buy the pattern on Ravelry it seemed a better option to buy the magazine  and get a whole load of other patterns too. 

I thought that I had plenty of time to make these right up till the end of the month in fact but for some strange reason the Nursery had their Halloween party yesterday, so in the end it was a mad rush to get them finished. 








As you can see my daughter in law has made a great job of attaching them it looks as if Saturn's rings have become a bit wobbly in the process 😂 but Mikey is delighted and sent me a thank you video, I can't wait to hear all about his party.



It was so much fun making these and there are lots of space related patterns in the magazine so I may be making a rocket and a star cushion too.

I hope you all have a great weekend 😘😘


Click here to see the parties I will be linking to this week.



13 comments:

  1. pUES TE HAN QUEDADO REALMENTE MUY BIEN¡¡¡....Y TU nieto es muy guapo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect grand parent duties carried out, he looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic costume, well done to both you and your daughter-in-law in pulling that together. Doesn't Mikey look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mikey's outfit looks great and well done to both of you for putting it all together. I love his 'sun' hat! It's a pity there wasn't a prize for the best outfit - he would surely have won it hands down. Nobody else would think of doing a solar system xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea for a costume. Well done Nana, a job well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow! Linda you are a genius! Mikey's outfit with the planets attached is incredible. Your crochet planets are very clever. Love his hat with the radiating sun. Everything is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. And he looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this is wonderful, isnt it great when they take an interest in something. You did a great job with all the pkanets and your grandson looks well pleased

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm so impressed with the crochet solar system it's brilliant.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder Mikey looks so pleased, he looks great in his outfit, well done.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those crocheted planets are really special, and Mikey is too cute with his solar system costume. I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job with crocheting the solar system and the costume looks great on your Mikey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx