Thursday 20 January 2022

A Good Start

 Well here we are, it's not even the end of January yet and I have got some New Year finishes already, the first is this throw.



I made this to go with the cushion covers and to give the room a warm cosy winter feel. This is the perfect project for relaxing and watching TV a nice mindless pattern which I worked on over Christmas I was quite sad when it was finished.  

I found the free pattern here, I was so happy when I found it because it uses the  same stitch that I used for the cushions.  I used Mariner Aran in shades Cinnamon, Emerald, Apple and Claret. I made a simple border three rounds of sc and a final one of reversed sc.

I did promise to give you the pattern for the cushion covers and I haven't forgotten I will write it out as soon as I have a bit of time. 

I have also finished my brothers wheelchair cushion cover, I used what was left of the Emerald yarn and made it c2c as I find that easier when you need correct measurements.  I even added a zip, now I have to take it to him and hope that it fits. I'll take a photo once it's in situ.

Then there's this sweet little January birth month flower Snowdrops, it took no time at all and I was able to use this lovely oval frame which has been in my stash for years.  The next flower for February is the Violet, I'm looking forward to sewing that and I'm still very tempted with the Winter Splendour Sal, visions of lovely embroidery are appearing on the Facebook page every day. 

Snowdrops template 

I have bought another pattern and yes you have guessed it, another Mosaic Crochet pattern, There is a discount now if anyone fancies buying it. This one is a very easy pattern great for a mosaic crochet beginner.

Woodland Trail
designer Rosina Plane

Thank you for the well wishes for my son, luckily apart for the first few days, Covid didn't affect him too much.  I think it was having to self isolate for ten days was the hardest thing for him.

I have come down with a cough, I had to cancel my u3a crochet class earlier this week because naturally you have to get up close to teach crochet and I didn't want to pass it on.  I'm testing negative but to be honest I think if it had been Covid I would have been better by now, this is day seven of no sleep, sore throat and chest with the constant coughing, shivering and lack of energy, trying to string a sentence together is a challenge as I've lost my voice, I didn't even realise until someone phoned me and all that came out was a croak🤦  I won't be able to attend any u3a activities if I'm coughing not that I feel like it anyway so I could be stuck at home for a while. 

Ok that's my little whinge I'll shut up now😂 I have to say though people are so kind the number of people who have offered to get shopping in for me and have sent get well wishes is so sweet.  The u3a in my Town is like one big family it's lovely. 

I have other things I wanted to tell you about, the lamp adventure for one but I'm going to keep this short and I'll tell you all about it another time. 😀

Take care until the next time. 😘😘


11 comments:

  1. Wow Linda, that's great that you've already some projects finished. Those are gorgeous blankets you've made. I do hope you feel better soon. Maybe an antibiotic would help you feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. I kept testing over Christmas and New Year as I wasn't very well but they all came back negative, I think there's lots of bugs around at the moment. Your finished throw is lovely and goes so well with the cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finished throw looks lovely, doesn't it look nice with the cushions :)

    I do hope you feel better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finished projects ! Love your snowdrop :)
    Hope your feel better soon !
    Have a cozy weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got off to a flying start to the year with your finished projects - I wonder if you'll keep it up lol. Your throw and snowdrops are lovely - you are so clever. Sorry to hear that you are still out of sorts. There is a 'surprise' in the post for you (it's not a surprise now hahaha). You might get it on Monday. Guess what it is hahahahahaha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Babs, just what I need seeing as it looks as if I'm going to be housebound for a while. xx

      Delete
  6. Nice finishes already for January. I'm doing some embroidery too. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new blanket does look cozy. I hope you get to feeling better soon, and I'm glad your son hasn't felt too bad with COVID. I can only imagine how much worse isolating must feel if one isn't feeling terribly bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so productive - I am in awe of all that you manage to make!

    Take care, and I hope you feel better soon. There have been some very nasty colds and bronchial things going around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have started the new year running, Linda, though it sounds as if the dreaded lurgy has overcome you. Hope you are feeling like your old self, soon. Love the new blanket and it looks fabulous displayed with the cushions. Your snowdrop embroidery is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blanket looks so cosy and colourful! That embroidery is sweet too. I like c2c but never had the courage to try one with pictures. But I love that design...
    pleased that your son is Ok and hope that you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx