Friday 15 July 2022

The Waiting Game

 It feels like I'm in a bit of a limbo at the moment just drifting from day to day but not doing that much.  Gone are the days of decisiveness of writing a list the day before so when I woke up I knew exactly what I was doing and what I needed to do. I think it's because I'm waiting for things to happen...

I'm waiting for the bathroom and kitchen fitter to phone and let me know when he will be starting work on my bathroom/kitchen.

I'm waiting to order the things I need for the bathroom/kitchen but I can't do that until I have a starting date and I know exactly what I need to order and I can't do that until kitchen/bathroom fitter tells me.

I'm waiting for a friend to call as she has asked me to go with her to help her choose tiles for her bathroom floor but she is waiting for the decorator to come to finish painting her walls and for a delivery of furniture.

I'm waiting since March for someone to come and fit my garage door, phone calls have gone back and forth for months and I'm still waiting, time to draw a line under this particular waiting game and find another company I think.

I'm waiting for someone to do something about my faded composite door, again phone calls have gone back and forth, photos have been taken and sent to manufacturer and then nothing, we await a response, perhaps until the guarantee runs out and that will put them in the clear, hmm.

I'm waiting to hear if family are coming this weekend so that I can plan and buy the food that would be needed or indeed plan something else if she they aren't coming.

I'm waiting for the u3a Garden Group Leader to approve an information leaflet I have written so that I can send it to those who are going to the next garden outing. 

I'm waiting for the rain to stop so that I can get out into the garden and do some work in there.

You know I could go on and on but I'm sure you get the gist, what are you waiting for? I would love to see your list, I'm sure that I'm not alone.

Have a great sunshiny weekend. 😘😘




7 comments:

  1. It's so annoying when you just want to get on with things but you're waiting for other people, isn't it. It's so hard finding tradesmen who want the work these days. They say that small businesses are going bust but they don't seem to want the work. I've had problems finding plumbers and electricians, they say they'll come and then don't turn up, it's so unprofessional. I hope they all get back to you soon, and that the rains stops so that you can at least get outdoors. It's rather dull here today but no rain, as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda ! It's hard having to wait for a fitter or someone to repair something in the house...Fortunately my husband is good at most of it. For now, we are desperately waiting for rain...Months that we haven't see some...
    Stay cool and positive ! Have a lovely weekend !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not that patient of a person so all that waiting would be driving me mad, but what is there to do? You have made all the calls and it is out of your hands. Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you won't be waiting for too much longer. I'm waiting for the summer break. I'm feeling more than ready for it now. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting for winter to end. =) Hopefully action will begin for some of your projects soon, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm waiting for it to rain, we haven't had any for some-time.
    I do hope some of your waiting plans can be put into action soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping all the waiting is over soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx