Sunday 3 July 2022

Little Things

 It's reassuring when something so simple gives you a warm feeling and thankfully so many little things have the power to do that for me.

My lovely friend Babs always passes on her Woman's Weekly magazines once she has finished reading them and look what I have found in the 30th May issue....

I know I said that I wouldn't be doing anymore cross stitch after completing the the Twelve Days Of Christmas Sampler as I found it a huge strain on my eyes but as always never say never because when I saw this my heart gave a little lurch and I just knew that I would have to make it. No pressure or time scale, I'll work on it when I can, I can't wait to create my own little Summer Seaside Paradise.

Another thing I love about the Woman's Weekly is the Book Club page, they write some great book reviews and I nearly always find at least one that I fancy, I like light hearted easy reads something to escape the doom and gloom and awful things that are happening right now, I'm looking at Summer Fever by Kate Riordan. I will go to the online library for my area and reserve it if it's available, it may take a few weeks to get to my local branch but that doesn't matter at all. I like the fact that it always introduces you to new authors and if I enjoy the book I usually go on to read more of what they have written.

Another thing that made my heart lurch this week was this free cardigan pattern from Underground Crafter here

A little bit different and very cute don't you think. As I mentioned before NHAP are asking for colourful cardigans age one to teens so this will definitely fit the bill but I won't start it until I've finished the one I'm working on. I have just the sleeves to finish and then I will reveal. 🙂

Flora's Fauna blanket is coming along slowly, the snails are done and the hedgehogs are emerging, the next part of the the pattern is out but it will be a while before I get there there's no rush.

Trying to finish those hedgehogs will be my priority today.

The garden is beautiful at this time of the year but still the weather disappoints, I have been wanting to paint my decking since last year and I started this week, I got just less than half done and it has rained on and off since, showers weren't predicted today but we have just had one anyway, I'm glad I didn't put my washing out. 


The Lily's are in full bloom right now aren't they beautiful...


I hope that the little things are putting a smile on your face this weekend, take care until next time. 😘😘

Linking with Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday



13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the simple little things of the everyday, too. Summer Seaside Paradise is a pretty little cross stitch; never say never. =) Flora's Fauna continues to delight! The lady bugs, the snails are adorable and now for the hedgehogs. Hedgehogs are the sweetest of creatures. The little cardigan is a sweet pattern. You would whip this up in next to no time. Linda, your lilies are shouting summer! Hope the rain stays away for a while and you can finish painting the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Coastal cross stitch is a beautiful project, go for it.
    Thanks for the link to that sweet cardigan.
    OWO the lilies are gorgeous!!! Have a great week Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cross stitch pattern…I might not be able to resist that one either! Looks like you have lots to keep you busy for the next while!
    Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found that a cheap pair of drug store readers help me complete my cross-stitch. My own bifocals just don't do it. I hope you enjoy stitching that pretty piece. That cardigan is so sweet. You are stitching that complcated afghan very quickly. I love your lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely things again in your post today. I agree, that cross stitch is wonderful, but I'm still only half way through my Twelve Days of Christmas and I haven't picked it up at all this year. Oh well, it'll get done eventually. The blanket's going to be beautiful, I love all the little critters and it must spur you on as you're crocheting and seeing each one emerge. Yes, the lilies are gorgeous, such rich, jewel tones, they'll add a splash of colour to your borders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of beautiful projects for inside and outside !
    Beautiful flowers !
    Have a nice week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work on the Fauna blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying the simple things in life is the key to a happy life I think. Beautiful flowers and what a nice cross stitch you found.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry the rain scuppered your painting efforts. If it is any consolation, we've had very little in the way of summer weather here. The sampler looks really lovely. Now I'm feeling the urge do do something crafty myself. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that coastal cross stitch in my bathroom! I didn't make it but found it in a charity shop and just had to bring it home. It is now pride of place in my 'seaside-y-ish' bathroom :) I do love it 💙💚💙

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy doing that cross stitch. I'm working on putting together a cloth book that I can do various embroidery stitches in, similar to the daily embroidery project I did during the first covid lockdown. Are you on Instagram? I've seen several idea on there. I joined a group called Stitches, Wednesday mornings at our seniors center, you can work on any project you want, lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lilies look beautiful, such wonderful colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flora's Fauna is a delight to watch grow. I can imagine how wanting to see each section completed will probably hasten your finish to the end of it. I think I may be a little sad to see the whimsy end one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx