Sunday 11 February 2024

Health News and A Finish!

 Two weeks have flown by in the blink of an eye, where does the time go? almost half way through February already.  As usual it's been a busy and quite a stressful two weeks because of family health issues. For regular readers of my blog you will remember I was sent to A&E last October with tingling and numbness down the left side of my head and face, I was told back then that it wasn't stroke related but I needed to see my GP, then I had Covid and I thought it was related to that, but it has never completely gone away and now the symptoms are there all the time.  After several attempts to see a GP I managed to see a Nurse Practitioner and she has referred me for an MRI, that was two weeks ago and I have no idea when I will get an appointment.

I have noticed that the sensation gets markedly worse when I'm using my phone or tablet and decided to do a bit of research on the effects of radiation from mobile phones. There's a lot of material out there and none of it is that reassuring, each mobile phone has it's own SAR rating all of which have to comply with health standards but some of them have quite high ratings even some of the most popular expensive phones. 

I am now limiting my mobile phone use, I admit to using it far too much in the past, I'm always looking things up on google, searching for patterns and anything and everything that takes my fancy and I have to say it's not easy to stop, we get addicted. If I, an old lady can get addicted just think what this is doing to the younger generation, think of how much SAR they will be exposed to over their lifetime.

I'm going to stop there it's a huge subject and it's quite scary when you get into it. I'm hoping that they will find nothing too serious when they eventually do their investigations. 

I had an awful dental experience at the beginning of the week too, the removal of two dental crowns, what an experience! those crowns were stuck down really hard and there was a lot of drilling, prising,pulling and tugging going on. I emerged from that Dental practise after nearly two hours of what I can only call hell😫  I was a quivering mess, thank goodness a friend took me and was there waiting outside to take me home. It took me ages to recover, I have to go back in two weeks for the new crowns but I'm hoping that will be a straight forward experience. 

That was just me, another younger family member has received some very worrying news which will necessitate some quite serious surgery so we are all very concerned as you can imagine.

ON TO BRIGHTER THINGS

My lovely daughter-in-law is due to have her baby on the 19th of this month so we are all excited about that.  I managed to finish the baby onsie




and made some tiny bits and pieces to go with it


Made in white to go with the toggles on the onsie

and these cute booties in the same colour.



Stats -  the onsie pattern was made with Stylecraft Special Aran colour Duck Egg it took almost 400 grams  and you can find the tutorial here

The hat, mittens and booties were all knitted and the free patterns can be found on the lovely Marianna's Lazy Daisy Days Blog  She has a wealth of patterns on there and it's my to go to place for any baby knitting that I do. 

The Socks


I know they look a mess at the moment but they are nearly done, I will complete them this week and have a lovely photo to show you once they are all washed and blocked.

The Embroidery

Yes there has to be some time set aside for embroidery, it's so soothing to sit there and slowly sew one stitch at a time, I'm really enjoying sewing my love heart and that's what I intend to do today along with some sock knitting of course.


I hope that you all have a peaceful Sunday😘😘


Linking with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching



14 comments:

  1. Health issues are a worry. I hope you have some answers soon and that your young family member will be ok. What a cute baby outfit! Love your embroidery and striped socks too. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health issues are stressful....Hope you are going to be alright as your member family...
    Lovely baby clothes !
    And embroidery !
    Have a quiet week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your health issues, and dental problems. Your baby outfit is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get that MRI scan soon so that you can hopefully get some answers, waiting around only causes more stress and worry. Sending my best wishes to the younger family member too, I hope all goes well with their surgery. Awww, I love the little onesie, not long now to wait to meet your new grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a rough go of it recently. Hope you find some answers and things get better for you. That is a sweet onesie for the new grand baby, and adorable little booties, too! Hope you enjoy some knitting today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much stitchy goodness here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear about your health issues and hopefully they can be resolved very soon. Good luck with your dental work too. I love the cute onesie you made and your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get tingling down my leg from herniated discs in my lower back. I was once told that tingling on the face could be a herniated disc in the upper back or neck. I hope you get that MRI soon. That baby set is beautiful. Best wishes for the new grandbaby. The socks look like they are almost done. Your embroidery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you are still feeling not well. Yes, mobiles and the like are definitely a worry. It makes me wonder of the health problems that will arise down the track. Gosh, what a dreadful experience for you at the dentist! One is always filled with trepidation before one goes to the dentist. Your onesie is gorgeous and the knitted pretties complementing it are perfect. Thinking of you, dear Linda, and your family member who is going through a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was sorry to read about your health issues, they are a worry. I do hope you soon get a date for your scan and then have some answers. I also hope that your young family member will be ok.

    I do like the onesie and booties for your new grandchild ... not long to wait now.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you get an appointment through very soon, then you can get to the bottom of your health concerns. It must be such a worry for you.
    Your new grandchild is going to be lovely and cosy in that onesie. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the appointment for your MRI scan comes through quickly and that things get cleared up. I do sympathise over the dentist issue. I had a similar thing happen a few years back and it really was unpleasant.
    On a happier note your embroidery heart is beautiful and I love the flower colours. Please send my best wishes to your daughter in law and son as they wait for baby to arrive. Exciting time for you and the family.
    Thinking of you this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to read about your health issues and dental issues as well, what an awful time you are having. I love the baby knitting you have done, thanks for the link to the blog. I've heard good things about this designer so I'm going to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I confess I know nothing about SAR. You have made me curious, though, so I suppose I will dig into that soon enough now. I hope you get an MRI soon, and/or whatever test(s) can help diagnose what is going on with you. I cannot imagine the wait you've had, and how difficult it is to see a GP. Your crown experience sounds dreadful. I am so sorry you had to endure that. Your creations are lovely. Isn't it nice to have hobbies that are so satisfying to do?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx