Sunday 28 January 2024

January End Of The Month Round Up

 Hello and Happy Sunday! There's quite a lot going on in the crafty corner I can tell you and I think it could become a little overwhelming if I don't stop to re-assess and decide how to move forward.  

As you know I  love the idea of  making something different at the weekends so that I can put my WIPS to one side and get the satisfaction of having a finish. The Sophie scarf was made in a few hours and I'm wearing it ...


I quite like it, but it's too big if I make it again I would make it shorter and not so wide, I would also use a better yarn, something softer and maybe variegated.

The pattern I used is here.

This weekend I'm making butterflies because the u3a knitting and crocheting groups are going to yarn bomb our station again. Click here and here  if you would like to see our past displays, that was more than two years ago but since those displays were taken down we continue to hang bunting to the fence surrounding the Station and I think it really puts a smile on the faces of residents and visitors to the Town.   We are thinking a bigger Spring type theme/display this time and I thought that these butterflies would fit the bill quite nicely....

Aren't they pretty? they are named  The Resilient Butterfly and great for using up little bits of stash yarn, the  pattern for these comes with a youtube tutorial and it can be found here 

The reason why things are becoming overwhelming is because I have deadlines coming up for my WIPS and, it's all well and good putting them to one side at the weekend but it means I am more pushed for time.  

Things are progressing, the baby onsie now has the legs complete..


I'm going to concentrate on trying to finish this next week because I need to make booties to match too.  Grandson number three is due towards the end of February, but as you know babies don't always play by the rules and he could put in an early appearance.

The socks are progressing nicely and the heels are starting to make an appearance..


There has been no progress on my secret project and I have a feeling there will be a mad rush to get it finished at the end of February.

Along with the crochet and knitting I have to get my embroidery fix too and so I have started another project to sew along with the The Year of  Woodland Blossoms embroidery.  It's almost February and every year I like to have a heart themed project on the go, here are a couple I made  in previous years..

and I have just started this ..


I found this design on Youtube, there's a great tutorial which includes some stitches I haven't tried before so it should be fun to make. 

I'm sure you can see why I'm overwhelmed one doesn't quite know which way to turn but in all honesty I wouldn't have it any other way, I love to be overwhelmed with crafty stuff.  How many projects are you working on at the moment? 

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday, I'm off to rummage in my stash of little balls to see if I can find some lovely bright colours and then turn them into beautiful butterflies.

Linking with

Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday.


12 comments:

  1. Those butterflies are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the link. I wonder if I will have to be resilient to make one or two?? =) You do have lots of pretties on the go, Linda. The baby onesie is looking fabulous. Love that pattern. Your new heart embroidery is a lovely one. Such a pretty embroidered flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your butterflies and the whole idea of yarn bombing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, you are just so crafty! I love the pretty scarf you made and it looks great on you. I like the other projects you are working on too. I hope you have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bunch of projects you are working on. Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I don't feel so bad about my many projects. It is easy to feel overwhelmed. I love the scarf and you latest embroidery is going to be so pretty. I am looking forward to watching your progress. That onesie is adorable and the socks are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your scarf looks nice and I love the butterflies, they are so colourful.
    Happy crafting :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do like those butterflies, Linda. And the scarf you've made could be the perfect thing to keep my neck warm insidel

    ReplyDelete
  8. The butterflies are beautiful but I just adore those socks. I do love stripes. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many projects, so many different crafts !
    So beautiful, all of them Linda !
    You are a talented woman !
    Have a cozy week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have lots of interesting projects on the go, I really like the baby onesie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The butterflies are fabulous and will be wonderful as part of the display. Thank you for the link.
    I have a new cross stitch project in my box at the moment and am trying to resist the temptation to start anything else for the moment. I just might fall at those butterflies though x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, that little baby onesie is so cute, and just think, there'll be a new little person filling it soon. I like to have different projects on the go so that I can choose what to work on as the mood takes me but it can definitely get overwhelming, especially if you've got deadlines on some of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx