Friday 25 April 2014

Block a week Friday


Block 70 
Interlaced Cables


I enjoyed making this one and found it easy to do, making it brought back memories of cabled  sweaters I have made in the past, I used to love knitting cables and the more complicated the design the better, I remember a beautiful sweater I made for my eldest child he was only four at the time and it was a work of art a beautiful design and a lovely blue colour.  He hated it! he said it was itchy and made him feel too hot. 

 I was so upset at the time because weeks of work had gone into it, I remember making him wear it.. oh cruel mother was I! That jumper was passed down to each of my four children and none of them liked it much.  

Rating - intermediate
Curl - 2 (side curl) 2 after blocking (note to self do not block acrylic)
size - 6" x 6"
ends - 2

More examples of this block


Made by Sheri
Made by Triccia


Progress -  number of different blocks made = 18
Numbers - 1417, 24, 30,31,344041, 42, 45, 525667,70  98113,153, 209
(Click on the number to see the block.)

Number of blocks altogether = 21

Linking with




Have a great weekend!






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the look of cable-knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely one Linda - and what a shame that none of your children really liked what sounds like a beautiful sweater, and after all your hard work - it must have been so disappointing for you! Happy weekend to you, love, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made cables, but never interlaced. They look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one's very pretty. I love the braided cables. I had to laugh about making your kids wear the sweater you made; I do that with the hats and scarves I make for my family. Have a terrific day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice !
    Have a creative weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cables too, I made my daughter a diamond cabled tunic when she was about four years old, I embroidered flowers inside the diamonds and the lower edge was fringed ... she loved it and wore it a lot. Such a shame your child's sweater was itchy and too hot for your children, sometimes we get it all wrong. This block is lovely and you've shown some fine examples of it.
    My daughter is now 24 years old and she e-mailed me a link to a knitting pattern today, "mum I like this and if you make it for me can you just make it a longer length because then it will be perfect for me", this is the first time she's asked me to make her a hand made item, so sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, just catching up. Love what you did with the yarn that you showed in your last post! Very creative. Hope that you are having a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a rich-looking cable. And such unappreciative children! :)

    Hope you are having a nice Spring, Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx