Tuesday 22 April 2014

How to Thread The Needle and Meeting the Challenge

I hope that you have all had a lovely Easter Break and that the Easter Bunny was good to you and brought you lots of chocolate eggs,  I must admit that I had my fair share who can resist, I wonder if there is anyone who doesn't actually like chocolate.  

Thank you for all the lovely comments about my new Bunny family and also to Una, Regula and Kate for the how to thread the sewing machine suggestions 


Which were

  1. Good lighting is essential.
  2. Ensure that the end of the thread is not frayed.
  3. Ensure that the needle is at it's highest setting.
  4. Place a white object behind the needle or dark object if using white thread.
  5. Use a magnifying glass.
  6. Use Polyester thread.
  7. Use needle no 80.
There is also a great post here on The Art Of Manliness which explains it all, I am going to give them all a try and I will let you know what I find works best.





Or maybe we should just get one of these :)

April challenge

Just to refresh your memories I challenged you to use up some of your least favourite stash yarn and this was the yarn in question for me.



So introducing the

Candy Floss Scarf


You have feel it to believe just how soft it is.  I have to be honest I really didn't expect much of this yarn but I was pleasantly surprised.



It isn't the easiest of yarn to crochet because of it's knobbly texture.



I used a 7.00 mm hook and the simplest stitch and one of my favourites, moss stitch crochet.  It was finished in no time and will keep someone very warm I'm sure.  

But that's not all!

Cuddly Bunny



This is knitted and I must admit with this yarn it was very hard to keep the tension even so it's not perfect but I love it because it's soft and cuddly so I'm sure a little one will love it too.

You can find the pattern here

So all in all I haven't done too badly even if I haven't managed to bust it all, can you believe there's still this much left.......



Any Suggestions ?

Linking with 

April is nearly over so link up all you April stash projects before the end of the month.
How is your stash-busting going ?

Also there is still time to 




With lots of 
love




 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

12 comments:

  1. I had some difficult yarn to use up too-Kitten yarn...soft and fuzzy and impossible to see your stitches! So...I did a couple of baby hats using hdc, but crocheting between the stitches. Worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the fun things you have made. I have nothing this month for the stash buster challenge, nothing, I need to get my rear in gear.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the yarn! I need to use some unpleasant yarn too. I often use it to make throws that I know will be abused by the children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose some lovely projects to stash bust this months least favourite stash yarn Linda, with the little that is left over you could make a simple baby toy ball maybe? Good luck with your needle threading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cartoon made me burst out laughing. It's so near to the truth! I think the pink and white remnants would make a small baby hat or even some Innocent smoothie hats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Linda!!! both projects are so lovely :-)
    (If I did not have so many WIPs, I'd try to use some old yarn...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you've done with this yarn! The bunny blanket is adorable. :) I made a couple hats with a similar yarn and loved the softness, especially for children's hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing at last week's Go Crochet Crazy Link Party (for all things homemade and handmade). I hope to see you again for this Friday's link party at www.GoCrochetCrazy.blogspot.com !

      Delete
  8. I don't know how I missed this, its adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scarf,bunny <3!
    Greetings.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great threading tips! The scarf looks super soft and the cuddly bunny so cute, wonderful colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. not me Linda I love chocolate. ;) But the son of a good friend of mine does not like chocolate. I cant even imagine. ;) I'm excited for your announcement of the joining color. I cannot wait to see it finished. Happy Hooking. Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx