Sunday 14 August 2011

Angel Bears


I was on holiday this week I chose this week not because I was going anywhere but because I though it would be nice and warm and sunny and I could do lots of outdoor jobs that really need doing, after all it is August, I was wrong it has rained and rained and rained.  I have been so unlucky with the weather this year, last week was beautiful and I bet next week will be too when I'm back at work. :(
Anyway Loving Hands has been asked to make some of these cute Angel Bears, they are to be taken to children in Belarus in October,  because the weather has been so bad I have had the time to make quite a few of these little cuties so I have made good use of my holiday after all.  They are a bit faffy especially the loopy ears but they are worth it, I did find I was going over the top with the loops, they were getting bigger and bigger with each bear I made, so I have had to control the loopy madness and make the loops smaller. 
There are knitted and crochet versions of these I have tried both but most of mine are crochet however the crochet pattern on the link will give you a very small bear, I increased the number of rows to make mine bigger, the small bear was made to the actual pattern.
Crochet Pattern here








Small bear made from original pattern




4 comments:

  1. You have given them all a personality - a flower a belt etc they look gorgeous
    Roamin x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so precious. I love the little frilly hairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute! Always great to create for a good cause. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. симпатичные малютки)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx