Friday 22 January 2021

A Sock finish and A Strange Disappearance

The sock knitting continues and I'm pleased to say that the socks I was making using left over yarn from the hat back here are finished.



I like to wear short socks inside my ankle boots and these are perfect for that. I did have the tiniest amount of yarn left over and I made a teeny knitted heart worked in the round.  It was fiddly and took me absolutely ages to make and quite a bit of pulling into shape but in the end I was happy with it's cuteness but it seems to have disappeared!  I hung it onto a door handle and it's not there anymore, I have searched high and low but it's not to be found anywhere.  I have to add here that this happens all the time, oh I can hear you saying yes it happens to all of us, but surely not as often as it does to me 🙈

I have a theory and please don't laugh or think I'm crazy, yes I know I am a bit crazy that much is obvious but not completely. My lovely friend Lydia passed away many years ago due to breast cancer. I loved Lydia to bits she was my oldest childhood friend but she was very naughty and always playing tricks.  The number of weird things that have happened to me since she passed away have been too many to mention. I can hear her laughing in my head when I'm on my hands and knees searching for something that was literally right in front of my nose just a minute ago. I'm sure the heart will reappear when I'm no longer needing it for it's photo shoot haha. 

The sock making continues..


I'm following Winwick Mums KAL and using her new knee high sock pattern, the yarn I'm using is from a cone 


I have had this cone yarn since way back here. I love the colours in it and have been saving it for the right project, I love how it's knitting up, there will be lots left over but as yet I have nothing planned for the rest so suggestions please 😀 As for the pattern it's easy enough just a basic sock but I find that getting the sizing right is a bit of a challenge, I found it was turning out far too wide so I have had to adapt the number of stitches  to accommodate that.  I think this first pair of knee highs will be a bit of a learning curve. 

More About Hearts 

I have a bit of a thing about hearts and like to collect them be it Valentines day or not, I have them all over my home.  Yesterday I started embroidering this


Something quite simple using the easiest of stitches, lazy daisy and French knots. I found the design here but I was spoilt for choice as there are so many free beautiful heart designs online. I traced it onto the fabric using my iPad as a backlight and a pencil, I find that the fabric pens I have used seem to fade quite quickly and I loose the design. I think I will swap the orange I have used for the centres to maybe lemon, gold or even white to provide a better contrast. I really enjoyed sewing that yesterday and I will be continuing with it this weekend.  

Thank you for all your feedback about air fryers it seems like they are very popular and most people that have them love them. I was shopping in Lidle the other day and guess what was in their specials aisle for the week? yes air fryers! I have never seen them in Lidle before, there was a huge pile of them tantalising me but I'm pleased to say I was able to resist because after some considerable thought, I already have a halogen oven and I use it for almost everything that you would use an air fryer for, the only thing that annoys me about it is, sometimes the switch clicks off while it's cooking so I have to place something heavy on the switch to prevent that happening.  I have to say the danger hasn't completely passed but for now I think I'm safe.😂

Now I promised you another gadget and here it is...


A neck hug! I had never heard of one until my friend Mary sent me a picture of one that she had bought.  I resisted for a bit as I had just bought a small lamp but finding the correct lighting for crafting is a bit of a challenge, I have tried all sorts and none are quite right, I have one that gives me a headache when I use it! Anyway this is ok, it's better than the little lamp I bought and is very handy, getting the light totally focused where you want it (even though it's very bendy) isn't easy but it's a strong light and  has quite a wide beam so it works.  I like it because it's rechargeable, some of them aren't so be careful if you decide to get one. I got this from Amazon here.

Well the sun is shinning today and it's very tempting to get out there and have a walk, it's still very cold and the wind makes it feel even colder, I think I'll hang out the washing and assess just how bad it is and then decide if it's treadmill or walk outdoors.

I hope you all have a lovely and safe weekend. 😘


Click here to see the parties I will be linking to next week.


16 comments:

  1. Busy with lovely creations ! Time goes fast with something in our hands...
    Have a cozy weekend !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I wonder where that little heart will turn up? Mischievous friend from the other side. Interesting neck hug light, could be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are fabulous. I think I've gone the longest time since I've cast on a pair of socks, I've always usually got at least one pair on the needles but my heart just hasn't been in crafting since before Christmas. I'm sure my mojo will return soon. Oh, I do love that gadget. The only problem with that for me is that it's 'just' a light. I need magnification as well these days .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear Linda, your socks are beautiful, hope you will wear them a lot.
    Nice heart for embroidery, it looks delicate and fine.
    The neck hug seems very useful, hopefully you will enjoy it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the socks you made and the embroidery. I do that all of the time with losing something and then looking all over and finally finding the object I lost. Hope you have a nice weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things just get curiouser and curiouser at your home, Linda. I wonder here your knitted heart is hiding?? Love those socks; the colours of the yarn are so pretty. What a good idea the neck hug light is. I hope you get the chance to get out and walk, and enjoy the fresh air and countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your latest sock finish might be my favorite, just the right height and color. Perfect! Good luck with the light, it looks wonderful. Stay safe Liunda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your socks look so nice ...
    Your new gadget sounds a wonderful idea ...

    Sending my good wishes for the weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those socks. That yarn on the cone is so pretty. It is working up nicely in those socks. I really like that embroidery you are working on. It is very sweet. That neck hug looks great. There are a few places in my home where I could use the extra light.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty socks!
    The new gadget sound as a great idea. It is something I would like to try.
    Have a great and safe week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That heart is gorgeous! Wish I knew how to knit. Pretty socks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those new socks are pretty. The knee socks yarn has a nice texture. Looks like you have lots to keep you busy for Slow Sunday Stitching! My daughter has one of those neck light which she uses for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the light recommendation. i will check it out.
    I'm sure it is Lydia reminding you to have fun!
    I enjoyed seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely socks, I like short socks too! Love your heart stitching! Hope you have a great week and Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful socks, Linda. I love the colors in that yarn. And the second yarn too! Those are going to be gorgeous socks. Your embroidery is so sweet. Just thing kind of thing I'd like to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A neck hug...most unusual at least I haven't seen a light like that before. I have had a peek on Amazon Spain and it isnt at all expensive!! Thinking it would be very handy! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx