Friday 11 February 2022

It's Got To Be Hearts!

 Once again thank you for the kind comments on my last post, I did enjoy putting that round up together and yes Babs I may do one at the end of each month, it's like a photo journal really and it would be good to look back and see what happened at a glance.  Why don't you all join me.😊

Valentines day is just around the corner and although I don't celebrate it, I love hearts and always use this time of year as an excuse to make some in some shape or form, I have a heart theme going on in my home and you can find hearts in every room.

This year I decided to kill two birds with one stone, produce a heart in a c2c square and by doing that I was learning how to follow a c2c chart something which I have been wanting to learn to do for a while, especially after seeing the lovely blanket Amanda made back here

Sarah has some adorable free designs on her blog however I followed this pattern here for the heart square.

It was easy enough to follow the chart but those ends at the back and sometimes even at the front were a challenge, but once they were woven in you can't even tell they were there. It hasn't put me off, I will make something else using this technique, like everything else the more you practice the easier it becomes.

 I enlarged the square to 12 inches using groups of two half trebles, then I made another in the same way.

Then I made two simple c2c square's ..

then the four squares were sewn together to make another 24 inch square to be added to a memory blanket.  So it was three birds with one stone really.😄





And that's not all! 

Remember I said that I would like to try needle felting well like you Jo I have a needle felting kit, I can't remember where I bought it from or why, I have been wanting to try needle felting for a while and must have bought it on a whim but the fact that I can't remember doing that is quite scary really.

This is as far as I've got I'm afraid and yes it had to be hearts for the simple reason there was a heart template in the kit and I love hearts and it's the season of love 😍


It was easy enough but wanting to develop my skills I joined a Facebook page for beginners and when I saw what they have produced it put me off! how can they be beginners? the intricate little creatures they have created wow! I then looked at some YouTube tutorials on how to make needle felt pictures, they make it look so easy but believe you me it isn't.  So I have put it to one side for now making simple shapes is easy enough and it is very satisfying to stab the needle through the wool over and over again, I'm thinking maybe stars for next Christmas but you never know watch this space. 

Health

I did one of those online NHS consultations last week because I was getting no better, a couple of days later the receptionist at my GP surgery rang me and said that the Doctor had read my consultation and he wanted her to give me an appointment. I was quite stunned I was actually going to see a GP in person face to face for the first time since the start of the pandemic.  Well I needn't have got so excited as it was the practice nurse I saw, I'm wondering where the GPs are hiding.  Anyway she was lovely and listened to my chest and prescribed some antibiotics for me, I started taking them in the morning by late evening I could actually slightly taste the camomile tea I was drinking and now four days later feel much better, I'm still coughing and congested but not nearly as much, I can tell that this thing whatever it is will take it's time but as long as I feel well enough to go out and about that's all that matters. 

Spring is just around the corner..



Have a lovely Valentines Day if you are celebrating, take care and see you next time. 😘😘

13 comments:

  1. I love that gorgeous blanket with the heart you made Linda. I love the acqua and red together. You make such beautiful things. I am glad you are feeling better. I hope you have a nice weekend and happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on learning that c2c chart, the heart looks lovely, a perfect project at this time of year, and well done on the needle felting too. I really must dig out my kit and give it a go. Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better now, sometimes there's nothing for it other than to see a GP, or nurse in your case. I hope you continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hearts you made !
    Glad you fell better !
    Have a shinny weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shops are full of Valentines cards and gifts, and wonderful red roses too :)
    I like your hearts and the blanket looks great.

    I hope your health continues to improve, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The memory blanket square is so cheery - great texture too!

    I like those little needle-felted hearts too. They would make cute decorations.

    So glad you got an appointment and some medicine. I hope it works well and quickly to clear things up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That heart blanket is just lovely. And I'm so glad to hear that you're starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crocheted square is lovely and I adore the little felted hearts. I've often thought of giving felting a try, so maybe this year I will.
    It's good to hear you're beginning to feel better. Long may it continue. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for the mention Linda. I also found the ends on the C2C to be somewhat tedious as there were far too many. When it was about changing the colour I would carry the colour along weaving it in with the working colour until using it again. I sometimes forgot to do this and had to frog back to get rid of the loops on the wrong side. It is all very well carrying the change of colour along the row but I had to be careful as sometimes I could see that that colour was peeking through on the right side. Nevertheless I shall definitely be using c2c again as it is amazing what images can be created. Your heart memory blanket is coming along really well. Those beautiful hearts certainly stand out! Glad to hear you have finally been able to get some treatment and you are on the mend. Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crochet hearts are lovely Linda, and very clever! They look fabulous intermingled into a blanket. I have always thought needle felting to be tricky. Wonderful that you are beginning to feel better. May you continue to improve with each new day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful blanket! The hearts looked familiar, so I popped over to check it out. Honored that you chose to use my pattern :)

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lovely heart design stood out from all the others, thank you for the free pattern. x

      Delete
  11. I love the combo of C2C and the half trebles, such a great mix of textures.
    I had only needle felted a tiny bee and a heart until recently so REALLY simple stuff but I was able to make a really cute bear using a video tutorial from The makerss. I bought a fundraising kit via the liver trust to make the bear and they pointed me to the video. I'd really recommend any tutorials you can find from the Makerss, a good pace, simple to follow and I really surprised myself with what I managed to do! I shared some photos of him on my IG is you want to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is such a pretty pattern and I love what you've done with it. I have tried to do C2C before but all the ends got me frustrated and a blanket is always such a big project! Doing a smaller square and then putting them together is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx