Friday 25 March 2022

A Bed Runner, Embroidery and Inspiration strikes Again

 It's another beautiful sunshiny day out there and I can't wait to get outside and do some garden tidying, as always I'm full of good intensions but always seem to get side tracked with one thing or another.

Can you remember last week I mentioned I had intended cleaning my car but my next door neighbour had parked beside me so I put it off because his car was so close, can you believe when I looked out a couple of hours later there he was washing his car he certainly didn't let the close proximity of my car stop him it's a pity he didn't wash mine too haha.  I did manage to wash mine earlier in the week, I'm getting the spring cleaning urge at the moment and while it's there I have to make the most of it because it doesn't last long, it's amazing how a bit of warm sunshine can motivate you.

On the crafting front I have finished the bed runner ta da.....

I enjoyed making this so much, granny squares are always a big hit with me and if there's a circle in the centre then so much the better.

I made this with yarn that I had in my stash except for one small ball of dark green, I had run out and had to buy more to finish it off, luckily you can't tell the difference between the different brands of yarn. 

Stats

Each square weighs in at 9 grams and the whole bed runner weighs 406 grams 

It measures 20"X48" and as you can see below it's the perfect size for a single bed. 


Bed runners are made for people with dementia to enable them to recognise their own bed. 

You can find the circle in a granny square here, I have used it before as you can see in the blankets below

Wades Blanket




The embroidery is coming along nicely too, I find embroidery so relaxing it's lovely to pick it up and sew a few stitches when I have a spare minute or two.  I have finished one of the daffodils I'm embroidering, this is part of  A Year Of Flowers SAL hosted by Stitchdoodles, I started it last month which means I have to try and sew the January and February flowers to catch up. if I don't it doesn't matter I can continue over to next year.


The other daffodil is nearly finished, the free pattern for this can also be found on Stitchdoodles under Birth Month Flowers here hopefully this will be finished by the end of the month.




Inspiration continues to strike, I have seen this beautiful Polygon in Mosaic crochet the designer is called Vio Vieux and she hasn't even written the pattern yet but she intends to hopefully quite soon because I would love to make it.  If you would like to see more of her designs you can find them here on Ravelry 


I have still to finish my Bunny garland for the u3a meeting next Wednesday, I'm thinking a few carrots would finish it off nicely 


and I'm in the process of making another 24" square for the Remember me blankets.

For those of you who have expressed an interest in the Geometry Lessons SAL with Mikey don't forget it starts next Monday the 28th March.

Right I'm off to cut my grass the first cut of the year.😊

Take Care until next time 😘😘




11 comments:

  1. Lovely bed runner and I congratulate you that you have been able to do it all practically from yarn from your stash. I do find granny squares such a comfy bit of crocheting. I think I feel the granny square urge coming on LOL! That Mosaic polygon is beautiful so I shall be popping in to admire Vio Vieux's makes in Ravelry after writing this :-). As for spring cleaning I did have a bit of an itch but it has gone with the wind and rain that we have had throughout the week here. I hope I get the SC feeling again when the sun comes out. Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! The little carrots will be perfect with the little bunnies! Cute.

    And I'm so glad you mentioned how bed runners help a person with dementia know what bed is theirs. With as much times as I've spent with a woman with dementia, that has never occurred to me. Your bed runner is nice and bright. It will lift someone's spirits, I'm sure. I like circles inside grannys too. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bed runners are such a good idea for people with dementia, it's something I'd have never thought of until you mentioned it previously, but I remember my mum being in hospital and being in such a panic because she thought she'd got into the wrong bed. Your daffodils are so pretty and I think the carrots will be perfect to finish off your garland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made such a pretty bed runner Linda. Wow, you are so busy with your crafts. I hope you have a nice weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly keep busy with your crafts.
    I do like all the colours in the bed-runner.

    Yes the grass is growing isn't it, hope you got your grass cut ok.

    Enjoy the weekend, I think the sun will be shining.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bed runner, Linda! I have never known of bedrunners helps people with dementia. Thanks for this information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have kept yourself very busy. Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those carrots are adorable! Your bedrunner is fantastic, as are your previous blankets.
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool runner!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda! I think your bed runner looks fantastic. I can't wait to see your finished carrot banner. I had no idea that these were used to help dementia patients find their beds but it makes complete sense! My Gramps was in a Nursing Home and this would have been a very wise idea for him I think - the beds often looks so similar and the rooms for that matter!! Thank you for linking up at our weekly Link Party! You are being featured at our Wednesday Party #445 this week. Here’s the direct link to the post in case you’d like to share your feature:
    https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/crochet-bed-runner-flowers-of-eden-country-grace-pullover-link-party-445/

    Hope to see you again next week! Rhondda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx