Friday 18 March 2022

Bit's And Pieces

 Hello all you lovely people, I hope you are all having a good month so far, I know that there is a deep sadness in all of our hearts at the moment because of what is going on in Ukraine but let that encourage us us make the most of what we have and live each day to the full.

Here we are past the mid point of the month and my poor head is spinning with  ideas of what I want to make, I'm like a butterfly at the moment (certainly not in the beautiful sense you understand😂) flitting from one project to another.  

I want to make a spring garland, something simple and pretty here is the start.


Some little primroses, I'm going to keep it very simple, more of these and a few blossoms and leaves.

I would like to make an Easter garland too along with a little Easter display, I like to decorate my Crochet board at the u3a monthly meetings to attract new members to my group and because this will be the last meeting before Easter it should really have an Easter theme. I'm thinking a bunny garland the start of which is below.


and maybe a little basket of Easter eggs and a chick or two, the meeting is week after next so I had better get a move on.

On the charity front I have knitted these prayer squares, which are given to bereaving parents.



I am in the middle of making a bed runner and I'm revisiting the circle in a granny square which is a pleasure to hook


I would say I'm halfway through so hopefully it'll be finished next week and I'll be able to show you the finished bed runner. 

Then there's the Embroidery, I have almost finished one birth month flower which is the daffodil for March, this is part of the Year of Flowers  SAL which I have just started over on Stitchdoodles, 


and inspired by Kathy from Kathy's Quilts I have started this as well, a simple but very meaningful stitchery because of what's going on at present.

Embroidery pattern  by Joy at Days Filled With Joy

and if that wasn't enough I have heard about a new crochet technique! you know I have tried so many techniques in crochet and have loved many of them, there are some which take an awful lot of time and patience and I haven't succeeded in becoming proficient simply because of the time it would take for me to understand and to practice to get it right. The one I'm thinking about is interlocking crochet, I did try but didn't pursue it further because I decided I liked the mosaic technique of crochet more and the finished  product.

This time it's waterfall crochet and I'm really excited to try it. Mikey from the Crochet Crowd will be hosting this, I love his video tutorials he makes learning fun, it will start on the 28th March and I can't wait to at least try. The blanket they are making is below it's called the Crochet Geometry Lessons SAL 


Thank you as always for all the lovely comments and the good wishes about my fall I did have some achy joints afterwards but thankfully they seem to be easing and I am trying to be more mindful in my daily activities.😊

Leaving you with some early Spring loveliness...

Daffs almost ready to unfurl


The view outside my conservatory door

 


I love succulents and cacti, this morning that tiny flower appeared 😀


Well the sun is shining and my garden beckons, I was going to wash my car but my neighbour's drive is right next to mine and he has just parked his car, I'm thinking I can't wash my car while his is so close (that's my excuse anyway haha) So I think I will make a start on cleaning my Summer House instead.

Stay safe until next time. 😘😘

Linking with...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. I have never heard of waterfall crochet! I am definitely going to look this one up and also I'll be back here to see how you get on with it :-). Lots of lovely projects! The bunnies are so sweet. Do hope you have recovered from your fall. I so agree with your comment here about the actual situation in the Ukraine and Europe at present and how we must try to look on the good side of things. Live our lives to the full and as they say here "Vivir y disfrutar". There's a shadow over my life at present which I am trying to cope with as I have been told I have to have surgery and the post-op is pretty horrendous. This scares me so this morning reading your post and the many things you are creating has helped me focus and has inspired me to look for new projects to do. This way it will stop me thinking so much about the op. Craft is truly a wonderful therapy! keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your the flowers and little bunnies you made Linda. Those flowers outside look so pretty and perfect for spring. Have a nice weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little crochet flowers and bunnies are cute, you have reminded me that I have a crochet garland packed away somewhere, I'll have to find it out. I've washed my car this morning and was only just thinking that I need to clean out my little summer house, it will have to wait until tomorrow though, I've done enough cleaning for one day, lol. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Love reading your blog. Can you share the pattern for the circle in a square granny square?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda it's lovely to hear from you, I hope that you are keeping well. Yes I will be putting the link to the pattern once I have finished the bed runner, hopefully next week. xx

      Delete
  5. So many lovely things on the go, and lots of ideas too. I'm glad you're feeling better after your fall, and what a lovely view from your conservatory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so inspirational with all your makes, and you have such great ideas.
    The primroses are so pretty and I just love those cute little bunnies. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy inside and outside !
    Lovely crats and flowers !!!!
    Have a shinny weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute tiny bunnies and flowers. And the new blanket will so pretty with those grannys quares.
    I will take a look at The new geometric tecnique, thanks for sharing,Linda.
    Wonderful flowers on your garden are welcoming Spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound as busy outside as you are inside!

    What a lovely colourful view that is outside your conservatory door.

    Enjoy your weekend and the coming new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers in your garden are much farther along than mine. So far only the crocuses have bloomed. I love the crocheted primroses and bunnies. Your daffodil embroidery is beautiful. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty little primroses you have made. I have several colours of primroses in my garden . The bunnies are cute too. I can tell you are always crocheting or knitting! Our bulbs are just peaking out of the ground. We need more warm days for them to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many pretty projects... love the little primrose!
    Glad you found Joy's embroidery project... I loved stitching it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers. So many fun projects. I'll have to take a look at the one Mickey is hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects you are working on. I especially love your stitched daffodils and crochet bunnies. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the crocheted primroses and bunnies, I made a bunny garland a few years ago for my grandniece using little crocheted bunnies she loves it. The stitching on the March flower is beautiful as are your lovely garden flowers. Happy Spring and Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have so many pretty projects going on . I just love the crocheted bunnies. Your flowers are gorgeous too. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you are super busy! I love those circle in a granny square, the bed runner is going to look awesome!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your primroses are so cute, Linda. I've just been thinking of making some little flowers and a garland - to maybe make a tie back for some new curtains I'll be putting up soon. Your bunnies will make a cute garland, too.

    I am going to check out Mikey's videos, and this new CAL. I don't think I've heard of this technique, but it looks very doable. Mikey does a great job of explaining, I think. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx