Monday 28 December 2015

The Last Four

I hope that everyone has had a great Christmas! I wonder how many of you managed to get any crafting done.  I'm using the time to try and get caught up on my wips and I'm so happy to announce that my Moogly blanket is finished, but before I reveal it I want show you the final four squares ...

More V's Please designed by Melinda Miller



 I made this one in place of  block 21.  I really enjoyed making this and I found it quite easy.  I needed just one more in one colour to balance out the blanket.  You can find the pattern here


SmoothFox's Amethyst Square



I made this one in place of block 22  which was one of the alternatives.  It looks so much nicer in real life the colours go so well together, This one was designed by  Donna Mason-Svara  and you can find the pattern here

Picot flowers 



This was block 23 and I really didn't enjoy making it that much, it seemed to take an awful long time to finish, probably because of all the picots, it didn't grow very much either and I needed to work four extra rounds to get the desired size.  You can find the pattern here

Larksfoot Inspired.



Made instead of block 24 this one is from an entirely different CAL (Keep calm and crochet) but I love it and it was an easy square to make.  As usual my tension must have been way off because it twisted quite a bit but thank goodness it was fine after blocking. The colours I've chosen don't really show off the design but I had to use what I had left in my stash.
You can find the pattern here

I will show you the finished blanket once I've sorted the photo's. :)






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

9 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,
    I hope you had a nice Christmas. Wow you have made the prettiest squares.
    Thanks for sharing them with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the squares are beautiful, Linda. My favourite is the larks foot one. Looking forward to see your finished blanket:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your More V's Please square and using just one colour has worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All four of the squares look great. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished blanket. Are you planning on joining any new blanket CALs in 2016? I wasn't planning on starting any but I've been tempted to join the Block a Month CAL on Ravelry for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, yes I will be keeping a lookout for any CALs which take my fancy, I must check out the block a month CAL thanks for the heads up. :) x

      Delete
  5. I love them all. I really enjoy seeing all the variety in your CAL squares. I hope you have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your work! So pretty and detailed!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You amaze me at how much you get done!

    Happy New Year!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx