Friday 2 October 2020

A Finish, A CAL and Another Rant.

 The Finish

I'm pleased to announce that I have finished this little embroidery yay!


I really enjoyed sewing this, trying to get the creases out of the material in order to frame it was a bit of a challenge, it's not perfect but it's fine for me. I searched high and low for a square frame and found this one in The Range it's a perfect size and I think the picture looks charming hanging on my landing wall.

I was going to make more of these little stitcheries but have decided to concentrate my stitching endeavours on The Twelve Days of Christmas Sampler for now. 


I try to sew a little bit every day it's fun to see the picture slowly emerging I think I will sew 
another pear today maybe even two and that D looks lonely on it's own.😊 

If you want to join in and sew this with Jo and myself you can find her post telling you all about it here. 

My work on the Queen CAL continues and I'm almost halfway there, I have gone from loving it to hating it then accepting it for what it is.  I'm not fond of some of the colours and am having to think outside my usual preferences, we tend to stick to colours we like the most but this set of colours was set by the designer and I went with that rather than stretch my brain and choose the colours myself. 



I have to remember that this blanket is not for me and I'm hoping that the person it's intended for will like them and they do seem to be very fashionable colours right now.

The CAL

I have found yet another beautiful CAL feast your eyes on this......




Wow! I like it even more than this one I told you about here, it seems like the designers of mosaic crochet are trying to outdo each other right now, I need more months to be inserted into the year from now to Christmas another 6 should do it haha and yes of course I want to make this one too.  the details are here and the pattern is discounted till the end of the CAL but you can get a smaller free version. 

I will add this to my post about Mosaic Crochet 

The Rant

My Scan result came back clear I'm pleased to say and I was quite impressed at the speed the results came back, just over a week! However I was not impressed that it was the receptionist that relayed the result to me and not the GP, when I asked the receptionist if I could speak to the GP about the result she seemed quite surprised, she said if you want to talk to the GP you will have to make an appointment on Friday morning this was Monday! so now you have to wait 4 days before you can even make an appointment, what is happening to the NHS! I get it we have Covid but GPs are hiding behind their computer screens instead of getting people in and giving them a proper examination. A negative result is not the end of the story, if someone is still displaying symptoms they need further tests. 

It's not going to happen now is it, I had to practically beg for the scan, so the plan of action is no action for now, wait for this Covid madness to abate then change GPs and tell them what investigations I need, yes I mean tell them because in all honesty most of them haven't got a clue I feel sorry for those who have no medical background and are going without the treatment they need because of the Doctors incompetence. 

On a lighter note I bought this the other day




I can't stand a runny white in a boiled egg, a friend told me about this little gadget and said he has a perfect boiled egg every time he uses it so I will be trying it out today, in these days of local lockdowns we have to find our entertainment where ever we can haha I'll let you know if it works. 

Have a great weekend and stay safe. 😘



25 comments:

  1. Your little embroidery is lovely and the perfect sentiment. I always have problems trying to iron out the creases too. I'm so pleased you're joining me in stitching the Twelve Days of Christmas, it would be lovely if we could get some more people stitching along with us. I haven't finished stitching the first day yet but I'm hoping to put a few more stitches in this afternoon, I don't mind how long it takes me, I'm really enjoying working on it. I'm glad to hear that your scan came back clear but you're right, if you still have symptoms then you need further investigations and your GP should realise that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the embroidered pieces are very nice, you framed the first nicely. Curious what the D is for. Those mosaic crochet rugs are beautiful, with Christmas trees and balls in them, really beautiful patterns, seems difficult to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same issue, I contacted my surgery online for results of test, got a text with the results, saying we are OK with them, I had to contact surgery again asking to speak to a doctor, it's all one way, like you I still had issues. In the end I contacted the online surgery 3 times to get the response I felt I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I love your embroidery - congratulations on finishing it! I also love your mosaic blanket and the eventual recipient is one lucky person! That Christmassy one is beautiful and I like it best in the white/silver colours - I think the pattern stands out really well. I need to know where you found your egg timer! Hahaha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your crafting Linda. So sorry to hear about your situation with the doctor. I hope everything will be ok and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture Linda, the frame sets it off beautifully 😀 Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mosaic CAL looks lovely, are you going to try that one. Perhaps more crochet time now the weather is cooler and with the time change coming in a few weeks it will be darker too, the perfect time to snuggle and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sweet embroidery. And I love the colors in your blanket, too! I think they work well. I know that I often second guess color combinations as I'm working, but in the end, the colors almost always seem to play together very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely embroidery ! And beautiful mosaic crochet !!!!
    You are a talented woman !
    Have a cozy weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is great the scan came out clear but I certainly would not be happy at all if I still had symptoms and could not get in straight away to discuss it with the doctor. As a nurse yourself you fully understand what the next step should be...checking other possibilities!! Your framed embroidery looks really nice and your blanket is coming along really well too. The colours look good to me. I do like those other blankets....going to check them out. Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you about the doctors, they should be seeing people now not giving out advice over the phone. A couple of weeks ago they wouldn't see my 3 yr old grandaughter because she had a temp, they sent her to where people go when they have covid symptoms and she had a very nasty ear infection! Children get temperatures and i bet 99.9% of times it's not Covid. I was disgusted that they could not see a child. Sorry , i'm ranting now, lol glad your scan results came back ok, you need to badger them for further investigations now,
    Love your little embroidery and you Christmas stitching too. Your CAL looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty, I love doing embroidery! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 17. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for all your angst regarding not being able to speak to the doctor. I always think it is so much better to speak to the doctor one on one. So fabulous your scan is clear. As for your little stitchery, it is so sweet. Love the frame it is sitting in. The simplicity of it really makes your stitching shine. Oh my goodness....ALL of those blankets are amazing. I cannot begin to imagine the cleverness needed to be able fashion them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad for a clear scan for you! What a relief. I hope you're able to get some answers, soon. The colors in your embroidery are lovely ... what a happy finish!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many wonderful stitching projects on the go!
    I love the fall colours of the CAL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That embroidered piece is so cute. I am looking forward to seeing that pear tree filled out. I love that blanket. Mosaic crochet is new to me. Uh-oh, another rabbit hole to explore. So happy you had a clear scan. I have changed my GP in the past for a variety of reasons. It is so important to be able to speak with your GP when necessary. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    Your framed embroidery is beautiful. The mosaic crochet is beautiful, but not for me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the little embroidery and the 12 days cross stitch looks good so far. The CAL look quite interesting. Glad you had a clear scan and I feel your frustration in having the receptionist relay the results, I have had a few phone appointments and find them quite useless, if you can't see me how can you know what is happening physically. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am dreaming also and your embroidery is beautiful. Love the mosaic pieces your are working on. Happy sititching!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your 'perfect day' embroidery is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it, now that it's finished.
    I'm so relieved your scan results were clear, although I'm sorry you weren't able to get to speak with your GP. I do hope you manage to get a face to face appointment soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm pleased to read that your scan results were clear, although such a shame that you haven't yet been able to speak with your GP. I do hope you can get a face to face appointment soon.

    I do like your embroidery.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such cute stitchery, and your CAL project is looking great! Wow, there are so many amazing mosaic crochet designs coming out these days.

    How frustrating about the doctor. I too wonder how many people are missing out on the care they need right now. Hope you will be able to get the answers you need.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful embroidery. Thank you for sharing at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I completely agree with your thoughts about GPs at the moment. Why aren't they pulling their weight and helping out the creaking NHS? I went for an ordinary flu jab recently. I was the only patient there. A doctor did the jab instead of the usual nurse and there were about 3 receptionists having a chat and a laugh. Really??!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx