Sunday 10 September 2023

A New Addition

As always my apologies for my very sporadic blogging, time just gets away from me, it seems to go faster the older you get, I will get back into the flow someday because I really don't want to totally abandon this little space of mine.

 I think we all look forward to the day when we will become grandparents, I know I did and I made lots of baby things and put them in a special granny suitcase up in the loft.  My wish was granted five years ago when little Mikey was born to son number one.  Since then it has been a very trying time for my lovely family, if you remember Mikey's mummy sadly miscarried a couple of years ago and there have been several unsuccessful attempts at IVF for another two members of my family.

Then son number two and my lovely daughter-in-law came to visit and presented me with a photo of a scan at twelve weeks, I was overjoyed for them but it always comes with trepidation, the hope that all will be ok after the previous IVF heartbreak that they have been through. I feel that now I can breathe easy as the pregnancy is going well and the baby is due end of this month.

My daughter-in-law asked me if I would make a baby blanket and sent me a photo of what she would like, silly question really OF COURSE !! I will make a baby blanket and anything else your heart desires, it will be an honour.😊

So here is the one that she chose, it didn't me long to make as it's made in Aran yarn, 



I couldn't help but think how times have changed, we used to make baby blankets in fine 3 or 4ply, then we moved onto dk but nowadays the younger generation seem to prefer the thicker yarns like aran or even chunky.

I used James C Brett Baby Aran Yarn in cream and you can find the pattern here

With some of the yarn I had left over I made this cute little hat


You can find the pattern here

I will show you what else I have made in another post because the crafting has been going on quite steadily throughout the Summer, at the moment I am trying to finish this for my daughters birthday next week..


Its an experiment and I'm not sure if I'll like it when it's done, I got the idea from Lucy at Attic24, my daughter said she needed a pencil case and I thought that I would try this out, I will let you know how I get on, I'll be working on this today whilst sitting in the sunshine making the most of this lovely weather we are having before it comes to an end.

My garden in September 😍

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely Sunday 😘😘

Linking with..

Slow Sunday Stitching

Oombawka Design: ...



16 comments:

  1. What a lovely baby blanket for your soon to be born grand baby! This little baby is sure to bring joy to all members of your family. Your flowers are beautiful! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new grand baby coming! That is a beautiful blanket for the baby, and such a cute hat, too. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I much prefer using 4ply than thicker yarns, lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations on your new grand-baby coming soon.
    My good wishes to all, the baby blanket looks lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing the new grandbaby a safe and easy entry into the world. That's a gorgeous baby blanket, and the little hat is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, how exciting and congrats on the baby coming. Good luck to the mom and family. I love the beautiful blanket you made and I know the baby will love it. Good luck on the pencil case you made. Take care and so good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful baby blanket and hat, and gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how lovely. Starting a family can be such a joyous occasion but sadly, it can bring heartache too, so this is just the best news and I bet you can't wait for these last few weeks to hurry by so that you get to meet the baby. The blanket is beautiful and I'm sure it will be treasured, just like that little one will be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right Linda...time go faster as we get older... sadly ;)
    Happy you will have a new member in your family !
    Your blanket and hat are lovely !
    As your beautiful garden !
    Have a shinny week !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is lovely news, and you must be so excited to meet the impending new arrival. The blanket is gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting that you'll soon be welcoming a new grandbaby, Linda. That is a very pretty baby blanket. It's been a few years since I've made one, but baby blankets are my favorite thing to crochet. I'm glad to hear that young parents like thick ones. So much quicker and easier to make a blanket in aran or worsted weight yarn. Your hat is cute too, and I look forward to seeing the finished pencil case. Most every flowering thing here has faded and is dying off (except for fall mums, and they will soon fade, too). Your September flowers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news about your new, soon to arrive, grandchild. It is lovely to hear good news and I send you and the parents- to- be, every good wish for the safe arrival in a few weeks time xx The blanket you made is beautiful and will be so cosy for the baby.
    Lovely picture of part of your garden in September. Mine needs a bit of TLC at the moment!
    Beverley (formally meandmysmallcorner)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty baby blanket. I love the hat you made with the leftover yarn. Your garden looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your baby blanket is lovely, as is the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wonderful news! The baby blanket turned out beautifully and so did the adorable little hat ♥ My gardens do not look that lovely anymore here in Ontario. Thank you for linking up at our weekly Link Party! You are being featured at our Wednesday
    Party #521 this week (on Wednesday). Here’s the direct link to the post in case you’d like to share your feature:
    https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/christmas-cal-2023-beautiful-round-baby-blanket-baby-doll-sweater-set-link-party-521/

    Hope to see you again next week! Rhondda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx