Wednesday 8 October 2014

Pretty lace Scarf

Mary one of my friends from my craft group has made several of these scarves to be popped into our charity box.  I have to say it quite caught my eye because I thought that the lovely lace pattern was different and very pretty.



You know me, if I see something I like then I have got to make it, the problem being although she knew how to make the pattern she had quite forgotten where she had gotten it from.


She showed me how it was done and I'm pleased to say I got it right away and started making one there and then.



I think it's lovely and it's ever so simple and quick too.  I used 112 grams of Aran weight yarn which I'd bought from my local poundstretcher many years ago and I used a 6.50mm hook.




This one was sent to the seven mile scarf project but I will be making more of these in different yarns just to see how they turn out.  What a quick and easy gift idea! I finished this in an evening.

Later my friend found the chart for this pattern but because it's from an unknown source I feel uncomfortable about printing it here, if you would like a copy of the chart please send me an email. :)  

Linking with





 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg 

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful lace scarf!!!
    Have a nice evening.:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty Linda - love the lacy pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scarf Linda. I would love the pattern.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sent it to you Linda please let me know if you don't receive it. :)

      Delete
  4. It is a very pretty pattern! Good luck with your scarf project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scarf, Linda. The laciness give it a bit of flair and elegance. So nice of you to give it away...maybe you will make one for yourself too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pattern and would love to make it... thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like the pattern Rubietta Please give me your email address so that I can get it to you as you come up as a no reply blogger. :)

      Delete
  7. It's a beautiful scarf and a lovely pattern:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this scarf, it's so pretty. Will make a great present!
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely pattern Linda and in a gorgeous colour. These lacy scarves are ideal for early Autumn walks!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love the the pattern also. Very pretty scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please give me your email address Donna so that I can get it to you as you come up as a no reply blogger. :)

      Delete
  11. Lovely blue, pattern and scarf !
    Have a great day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. A pretty and useful achievement, especially without a pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a very pretty scarf Linda, love the pattern.
    hugs,
    Merediht

    ReplyDelete
  14. The scarf is gorgeous! Please send me the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, it's beautiful. And such a nice cause. I like this design, it makes your eye move a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...clever you for getting the hang of that gorgeous pattern so quickly. 'Tis a very pretty scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this pattern! it's a lovely scarf :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful! I love the colour and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's really a beautiful pattern, Linda, and it comes out so pretty in that color and yarn! Super. I would be pleased about the pattern, thank you! Greetings, Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely pattern and colour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Linda, this scarf is very pretty and I love the colour too. How lucky that your friend was able to show you how to work this beautiful stitch x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda, wow what gorgeous colored yarn and such a pretty crochet stitch! This will look so pretty to wear with any colored coat or outfit. Have a lovely day and weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad it came out well , I'm quite hooked ! On this pattern Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Will give u the pattern details at the next meeting x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Linda, love the lacey look of your pattern.
    Is it available anywhere?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the chart Colleen, if you would like it leave me your email address please. :)

      Delete
  26. Many thanks Linda,
    collhug@gmail.com
    Look forward to making one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty! I love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  28. May I have a copy of the pattern for this scarf please? dorothycookiemalone@yahoo.com TIA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx