Sunday 5 October 2014

This and That.

So I have to accept that Summer is fast fading and Autumn is rearing it's head with a vengeance, we have been so lucky to have had a few extra weeks of warmth here in the North East of England, September has been unseasonably warm and because of that I was able to get out into my garden and do all those end of Summer jobs that I usually hate.  

All the hedges have been clipped and the garden is almost tidied and put to bed for the cooler weather, I admit to being a fair weather gardener you won't see me out there if weather conditions aren't to my liking.

Lingering Beauties







Grapes! not many and they have seeds but still delicious.
Only five apples on my patio apple tree but I'm still proud. :)

I can't believe that these are still flowering and looking so good!

I have changed my header and it's wearing it's Autumn colours, it took me ages and lots of trial and error but I'm quite happy with it now, I like to change it with the change of Seasons at least that's the plan it doesn't always happen that way.

What are you all working on this October? I have made a list of things I need to get on with and need to start, my whole life is governed by lists right now, if I don't write it down it doesn't get done but it does gives me great satisfaction to cross something off my list, now where was I...oh yes my list of projects..

I have started my daughters throw, it's going to take a while but I'm liking it so far, I'm keeping it out of sight so that I can give it to her as a Christmas gift.

I'm making preemie tops and working on a new pattern.

Still making a knitted block a week.

Still working on a pattern for preemie hats.

I promised to make a shawl for a lady who comes to the Day Unit.

I need to make Christmas gifts, I have a few idea's but won't start those until I have written preemie patterns and finished tops, I have to clear the decks so I can concentrate on just those.

Have you got any Christmas gift idea's? if you have please share :)

Have a great day and see you soon. xxx



15 comments:

  1. My goodness you are a busy bee and I just love that little crafters sign! I am somewhat demented with a cushion that looked like a good idea at the time but is so bitty I am regretting starting and have been actively avoiding it. My garden still has some colour but is a total heap and my plastic plant pots that were light enough for me to carry home keep blowing over. I think the roses are losing patience now that they've been cowped over more times than is healthy. That's been a lesson learnt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute poster. I am a crafty girl too and I approve. :) Your garden is still looking so lush, I'm really glad you've such a warm, pleasant fall so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looking wonderful out in you're garden, we have been blessed with the weather, I have far to many WIP's to list, but I better get on with them, plus a crafty secret santa project too.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is still looking so beautiful Linda. I love lists because I can scratch things off of it and I feel like I have accomplished something. I have dishcloths to finish, maybe a shawl or two, certainly a couple of scarves and a blanket to make. Oops there was a little one born across the street so I might have to make a cap and some booties.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda::: what a nice garden! It's definitely time to Christmas project ::: My actual WIP are: cute mug cozy, colorful potholder for my aunts , fingerless gloves for friends and a scarve for my cousin! Have a great week!:::Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a list person as well. It's the only way to make sure I do everything I'm supposed to. Your garden is still looking lovely, especially that white rose. I scalped the back lawn this weekend and hope that is it for this year. I still have the front lawn to do but the weather this week doesn't look like mowing weather. I have a blanket and a shawl that I'm hoping to finish this month. I like to wind down a bit towards the end of the year. I ususally spend the festive season updating my blog header. Every quarter would be too much for me. I agree it takes a long time to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda and thanks for your visit to both of my blogs, I am also a list person, it helps to keep focused and get things done. Your garden is still looking good and here in the Midlands UK the weather has just started to change these past two days or so. I am noticing a chill in the air in the evenings so I am adding a hot water bottle cover to my current list hehe.
    I love your new header, very seasonal. Good luck with your list and have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed by your ability to grow grapes. I wished I could think about Christmas but my brain never seems to spring into action before November!
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You still have so much flowering and growing in the garden! It is a good feeling though as you get it sorted out and put to bed isn't it. Sounds as though you have a lot of crafty WIP's as well, you really must be busy. Love the new header, just right for the change of seasons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still beautiful flowers !!!!
    Have a great week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, don't remind me about Christmas! I can never think of anything to make until late November or early December, and then the pressure is on....

    So many lovely flowers still blooming for you! We still have cosmos and marigolds, but their days are numbered as our nights are dipping down near freezing.

    The new header is lovely - I noticed it right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Autumn garden is so pretty. Love, love, love your new header. I would rather not think about Christmas....perhaps if I bury my head in the sand, it many not come to my li'l neck of the woods quite so quickly. I can but live in hope!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your garden! I am a list person I make them and promptly lose them! I am going to make brooches, baskets and bags for Christmas pressies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Afternoon Linda, Yes, around this time of year, I really need to make lists.... lists for things I need to make.... lists for presents I need to buy, lists, lists and more lists. They really do keep me on the straight and narrow.
    You have some really pretty flowers still growing in your garden. I love the snap dragons. I have a white one flowering which is not going to give in. I really should cut my lavender, but the bees are still buzzing around it so I have left it.
    I love your new header, it is really fabulous. I always mean to change my header, but never seem to get around to it.
    Have a lovely day Linda.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow such beautiful flowers and I love this sign ... Such a perfect picture of a crafty girl... Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx