Tuesday 16 December 2014

Emilys Shawl and a little chat

I feel like a spinning top, someone pulls my string and I'm off spinning spinning all day long, I bet you all feel the same phew I'm dizzy with all the hustle and bustle and planning and list making and crocheting and knitting of last minute gifts.

 I just love seeing what you have all been making, so much inspiration! and thank you for all the lovely link up's at this months stash party do take a peek and do some visiting, there are some lovely makes there.

I managed to get Emily's shawl finished......



The pictures are not great as I took them at work on my phone, you have to grasp every minute you have at this time of the year...


so I took the almost complete shawl to work, all I had to do was trim the tassels and take the photo's and I managed to get that done in my lunch break.....


This was super easy and very quick to make, I think it only took me three days and I love it, of course I did model it for the ladies who were attending the Day Unit on that day, they all whistled at my catwalk interpretation and loved the shawl no pictures of my modeling debut I'm afraid :)



The sun came out and I quickly draped it over a chair to capture the suns rays.


This shawl was made with Lucys cosy blanket pattern, it was made with yarn that I had in my stash and I used the random stripe generator it's great fun give it a try if you haven't already 







The edging 1sc, 2ch, 1sc in every other stitch  I'm not sure how Lucy edged her blanket I honestly haven't had the time to check it out but this is very quick and easy. So there you have it I can cross this one off my list.

All the decorating, crocheting and knitting have caught up with me I'm afraid, I'm left with a very painful left shoulder and my thumbs are really hurting but I'm nearly done..



I've been making a cowl and there's just the buttons to sew on, I will show you when it's finished.  I have started a knitted cowl which I pulled out twice because I wasn't happy with it, still not sure! 
 Tree is up.....



I'm going to put the marzipan on the Christmas cake today, 

My lovely son is home from Cambridge and I'm going to spoil him rotten! and his girlfriend Emily will be here in six days yay!

I want to make yet another cowl I'm using this wool


and I would love to make some Christmas tree decorations if my painful hands will let me!

Gosh this post is long I have been on my laptop for 2 hours and I still haven't managed to catch up with you all but I will before the day is done, I hope you are clicking on the advent calendars at the top of my blog, there are some great free patterns and it's fun!  (they are not affiliated links by the way)

Have a great day everyone
love ya! 

linking with






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

22 comments:

  1. The shawl is beautiful and I bet that you looked wonderful modelling it!!! I am sure that the recipient will love it too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using the random stripe generator. Your shawl turned out perfectly and just in time for this chilly weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shawl !!! Lovely Christmas tree and great color's yarns...
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful shawl!!!
    Have a great week.:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're one busy lady, Linda :-) The shawl is beautiful and will be much loved, I'm sure. Your tree is very pretty. Good luck with your cowls and enjoy visiting with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love the shawl! Sure wish I could have seen the catwalk modelling you did! Hee-hee! Enjoy your kids and company over Christmas...I know you will. Try not to stress and slow down a little to savor little moments! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily's shawl is so pretty Linda! You've been crazy busy, but you mustn't stop!! Ignore that pain, forget that your shoulder is about to dislocate and get! things! done! Sorry, but no tea breaks my friend, no coffee with the gals (who already finished their Christmas makes in July!!), just grin and bear it. Knitting never felt so good as at Christmas time with a wrecked shoulder and arthritic thumbs. This is what Aspirin was made for! And yes, by all means spoil the son rotten! Bake, bake, bake everything that his dear little selfish heart desires because he's only home for a short break, and you were put on this good earth to make your family happy! But don't forget your personal appearance and general hygiene. Despite the fact that you're up until past midnight keeping the family happy and knitting whilst you're doing it, you can't let your beauty fade ... what would people think?! So no more belly aching, get ON it!!
    Did I mention I timed myself and whipped up another pillowcase in one hour flat this morning? Bathrobe on the sewing table this afternoon. ha ha ha!!
    OK, I think I need something stronger than tea now ;)
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily's shawl is so beautiful Linda. She is going to be so touched you took the time to make it. Watch out for your thumbs, I have been there before and had to stop knitting and crocheting for weeks. My left thumb started to hurt a few weeks ago and I have now been wearing a wrist splint to bed to try and keep in all immobile, it hasn't stopped my knitting, I am just trying to be a little easier now that most of my holiday projects are done.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily's shawl is a visual treat with all that gorgeous colour, Linda. Those fingers of yours will fall off soon...not long to go now, then you can enjoy the Festive season with your loved ones. Your Christmas tree is aglow with sparkles sitting there in the corner! Wishing you a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful shawl! Emily is going to love it. You are so sweet to make a special gift for her. Hang in there and slow down wherever you can, it will be okay. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas tree looks pretty as does your completed shawl. You have to show a picture of your cake, I love marzipan, yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shawl is looking gorgeous :) enjoy your time with your son. Don't overload yourself too much .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lindo o xaile e muito interessante a escolha das cores. Original. Parabéns!
    Um Santo Natal com muita alegria.
    Abraço
    Nélia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shawl! Lovely colors!
    I wish you and family a Merry Christmas!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice projects Linda. It sure is lovely wool that Sirdar Folksong. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your shawl - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emily will be thrilled with this beautiful shawl Linda. Be sure to ease of a bit to rest your hands, your crochet hook must have been smoking because you did this so quickly lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just perfect but please take care of yourself please xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hurt my left thumb in a fall years ago and last night as I was crocheting in the quiet, I could hear it crunching every time I would do a stitch. Ugh! Every once in a while I guess it is a good idea to give our hand a rest. The shawl is lovely, especially draped over the chair. Have fun with your family and visitors. best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, Linda! I have been behind visiting but I can see you have been making some lovely knitted blocks!

    Happy Winter Solstice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful shawl with gorgeous colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, how could I miss that pretty scarf!! Wonderful ♥. And the new yarn looks tempting ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx