Saturday 27 December 2014

Mini rings of change CAL

The lovely Kate from Stitches, Scraps and Sparkles in the Sun is hosting a CAL to make this .......




I think it's amazing you could use this pattern for so many things it could be a large mandala, doily, blanket or rug. The CAL started yesterday and it's going to run until March, you can find out all about it here

I want to make a rug using these shades..



these are my favourite colours, although because of the poor lighting the true colours aren't coming through properly.  

The rug is to put next to my bed to match my violet meadow blanket and then I may try to make a smaller version using finer yarn to make a matching mandala to hang on the wall.

I hope that you all have had a lovely Christmas day and are now enjoying some peace and quiet after all the preparations.



Mine is on going I have had family visiting and it's set to continue for a while at least, I am enjoying Emilys company she is very sweet, here is a picture of her and my son after they finished making the gingerbread house.

Tonight the whole family is going out for a meal at a very lovely hotel and there will be disco dancing so I'm off to find my dancing shoes :)

Enjoy your weekend!






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

15 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to seeing the crochet rug when it's finished and I predict some good looking grandchildren in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is indeed a beautiful young woman, I am so happy you are having fun. hope you find those dancing shoes.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors you picked for the rug is beautiful!
    the angel bears an bears i was wondering where i can find that pattern ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you've chosen, Linda :-) Your rug is going to be beautiful. Your son and Emily look so happy :-) I hope you had fun dancing the night away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be a very pretty rug.

    We had a noisy Christmas with a houseful of family members and three small children. :)

    Hope you had fun tripping the light fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed your night out. Love the colourful mandala ....... off to take a look.
    Happy New Year, Linda!
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rug looks amazing, and I love the colours you've chosen for your own! Emily sounds like a sweetheart, and both her and your son sound like they've been a great help through the holidays! I love having house guests that help with little chores :) I hope you had a great night of dancing!! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fancy dinner and dancing sounds kind of fun! Enjoy making your mandala in the CAL. I considered it, but decided against it. I'm not sure what I'll do next. Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful yarn for the rug!
    Emily and your son - happiness!!
    Happy New Year!:*

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous CAL! Great colors that you picked for yours, Linda. Have fun with the fam...dancing...hmmmm...my oh my, you are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure your rug will turn out great!! Glad to know that you are having a wonderful family time:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning mandala! Looks like some lovely yarn you have to dive into there Linda. How lovely to have your son home-what a gorgeous gingerbread house they've made-definitely too nice to eat although it looks yummy!
    Have a good week
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey how are you? Have a nice blog, I stay as a follower and I invite you to know my blog. a greeting
    http://awesomeneedles.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from another Linda, I'm originally from the UK but have lived in Canada most of my life. I found your site awhile ago and have joined in with your stash busting meme. Love this mandala and will check out the CAL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Violet Meadow Blanket was just the most awesome finish off for 2014 Linda and your planned rug will compliment it perfectly.

    Enjoy what is left of your Family Christmas time, dinner and dancing, that sound splendid xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx