Wednesday 27 January 2016

Another Pair Is Born

If you remember I started making these socks a long time ago in fact way before Christmas, they got put to one side so that I could make charity projects, then they got put to one side again because I wanted to finish Christmas gifts.  I had the perfect plan for these socks they were destined to be gifted to a friend for her birthday at the end of December.



 Well unfortunately that didn't happen because it took me so long to finish them.  I do love making socks but like I've said before I'm very slow, in fact my plan was to make a pair a month, what a laugh perhaps I could do it if I made socks and only socks but you know me making one thing at a time is not going to happen. 

I have calculated that I have four people that would just love to receive a pair of hand knitted socks from me, so I plan to make five pairs (I want some too) as and when I can, surely I can get them done before the end of the year.



It's a real shame that they weren't made in time for my friends birthday because it means I'm just gonna have to wear them myself, what do you think? a perfect fit :)

These socks were made with coned stash yarn which I've had for years and years I have no idea what type of yarn it is other than I know it's 4ply. I still have lots left too.

They took only 50 grams. 

You can find the sock pattern here


Linking with..


Snickerdoodle Sunday
Cooking and crafting with J&J
Handmade Monday
Lunamon Design
Scrapability Saturday
Link and Share Wednesdays




 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I have a cone of similar sock wool which I sometimes use with other yarns when I make scarves. The cone never seems to get any smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super socks!
    Liebe Grüße, Manja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish. They are gorgeous linda.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the socks, just my colour. Like you I am very slow at knitting socks, keep getting side-tracked with my crochet. Good luck on making your target of five pairs this year, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours in the socks. Maybe you can make some for your friend for her next birthday. Five pairs of socks throughout the year sounds like an achievable target, leaving you time to make all the other things you want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous, Linda! I love your socks and the colorful yarn!
    Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if you're going to knit something for a friend, it's best to have friends that wear the same size as you! Great looking socks Linda, and a lovely colourway. I hope your friend doesn't mind seeing her gift on your blog ... and on your feet! Ha ha! Best of luck with the next five pairs.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look perfect fit !! They were destined to be gifted to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done !!!!
    Have a cosy day !!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a great year of knitting socks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are perfect, you are going to make your friend very happy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely socks!
    Have a great week.:*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx