Sunday 31 January 2016

End OF January Review

So January is over already and it's been a very productive month for me even with all the health issues in fact I'm so thankful to have my knitting and crochet to fall back on when I'm not well, what would we do without it have you ever thought?

I used to worry that I would get tired of crocheting just like I have with all the other crafts I have tried in the past but it's been an ongoing obsession for 7 years now so I think it's safe to say I will be crocheting for as long as I'm able, as for the knitting the mood comes and goes but for the present I'm enjoying it.

so what were my January targets and have I met them?

Make Two Teddy Puppets a month.

puppets toys easy crochet free pattern
January Teds

Make a boy Sweater a month.


January Sweater

Finish my Greg Blanket



I'm almost there! it's taken a bit longer because I'm lining it, hopefully I will be able to show you the completed blanket next week.

I'm following the Cheerful Child Blanket Cal and I'm managing to keep right up with it, here are the latest two squares.




Arn't they pretty! I'm still enjoying this crochet along, the finishing date is February 18th so I'm hoping to have a finished blanket by the end of February.

Continue working on my cardigan



I have made the back a front and have nearly finished the second front, this is the project I put to one side so I can prioritise the others so I fear it will take a while before I get it finished.

AND I finished my socks when they weren't even on the to do list...



So I'm feeling pretty chuffed, the crafting year has started off well.

My January yarn stash bust is 1188 grams although I have to admit that 500 grams of that was given away. 

Now the fun part is trying to decide what to make in February when you have so much you want to make and a to do list as long as your arm. I will let you know as soon as my list is finalised. Don't I sound organised! 

Have a great Sunday! :) 

Linking with...


Snickerdoodle Sunday
Cooking and crafting with J&J
Handmade Monday
Lunamon Design
Scrapability Saturday
Link and Share Wednesdays






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

15 comments:

  1. Linda, wow! What a productive month you have had, well done on all your finishes. I love the look of the Greg blanket, looking forward to seeing this in more detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great January !! Lovely crocheting and knitting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all of the lovely finishes linda.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! get you.Sooooo productive.I wish I could say the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your crochet teddy puppets look much better than my knitted versions and that boy's jumper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, you are on fire. Well done with the yarn use. I am up to 2,000 yards used so far this year, not a bad start although much of it was new yarn.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Linda, that is a great amount to have achieved in one month!!! A fabulous start to your crafting year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!It was a busy and productive month, Linda! Congrats!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda! I always love seeing your new projects. The Teddy puppets are adorable!
    But.. boy's sweater is so beautiful! I hope I will learn proper clothing crocheting and knitting some day.
    Have a nice week ahead, keep on creating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific achievement this month. I'm sure it's set up with enthusiasm for February. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A busy woman with beautiful creations !!!
    Have a nice February !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Challenging targets Linda, but you have met them all brilliantly! I love the socks in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a productive month! You have achieved so much. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Linda, you have been so busy crocheting so many wonderful projects.
    Thanks for joining and sharing your talent with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you've been busy!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx