Friday 6 June 2014

Block a Week Friday


Block 100
Mosaic



I had a few false starts with this block, simply because I hadn't read he instructions properly but once I remembered to carry the yarn at the wrong side it was really easy and fun to do. I love the result because it's so unusual and it's a very pretty design.  It did turn out smaller than it should but it will be fine when it's sewn into a blanket.

Another example of this block


Made by Appledumpling

Rating - easy
Curl - 2
size - 5, 1/2 x 5, 1/2
ends - 4


Progress -  number of different blocks made = 23
Numbers - 81417, 24, 30,31,344041, 42,43, 45,48, 525667,70  98,100, 113,153200209
(Click on the number to see the block.)



Linking with




Have a great weekend!





 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

12 comments:

  1. I love it Linda, well done.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too Linda-it looks so complicated to me-such an effective pattern done in different colours. What a fabulous blanket it will make xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely block. It's one I hadn't noticed in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very neat block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cool design mosaic crochet creates. This is a really pretty block. Thanks for the tip on the roses. Have a nice weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!
    Happy weekend,greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous block Linda and I love the turquoise - you must have the patience of Job! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it's really striking! I wonder how it would look if you worked it in more than two colours....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for persevering (not sure if that's how you spell it)! It's fabulous.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a stunning block....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really striking and intricate. I love how it looks with white as one of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That one looks as though it is fiendishly difficult!! Well done for keeping going so well on this project! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx